Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the non dry break has even less chance, many people have an odd fear of a drop of pee getting away, some people pay others to pee on them, I fall outside of both camps and prefer simple less bulky pee parts :wink:

1682371925317.gif

And the non dry break has even less chance, many people have an odd fear of a drop of pee getting away, some people pay others to pee on them, I fall outside of both camps and prefer simple less bulky pee parts :wink:

But how does it have less chance?

Really, it seems to me that if you actually used your pee valve on a dive, when you disconnect, the non-dry break is going to allow way more pee to get on you or your suit or whatever.

While still connected, I do not understand how it is possible for the dry break to have MORE chance of getting pee (or water) on your or in your suit. While connected, it seems like exactly the same chance, or less. Not more.

I must be not understanding something simple/basic.

But how does it have less chance?

Really, it seems to me that if you actually used your pee valve on a dive, when you disconnect, the non-dry break is going to allow way more pee to get on you or your suit or whatever.

While still connected, I do not understand how it is possible for the dry break to have MORE chance of getting pee (or water) on your or in your suit. While connected, it seems like exactly the same chance, or less. Not more.

I must be not understanding something simple/basic.
Usually this level of peeanoia is faced off with the more parts must lead to failure fear. I squeeze the end and pull the barb from the catheter to disconnect, the qc is just for convince while suiting up.

The dry break is nice for ensuring urine stays in the hose between when I disconnect the cath and when I run steramine through it while still suited up. I put a male back on once I get home and it's hanging up to dry/storage.

If I'm being honest... I always manage to get a little piss on myself. I don't think it would really matter what method I used, lol.

The dry break is nice for ensuring urine stays in the hose between when I disconnect the cath and when I run steramine through it while still suited up. I put a male back on once I get home and it's hanging up to dry/storage.
If you don’t have the hose blocked off it will drain outside, I only rinse with fresh water and a few times per year I’ll remove the valve and soak in water with mild bleach and inspect the valves.

If I'm being honest... I always manage to get a little piss on myself. I don't think it would really matter what method I used, lol.
Overcoming peeanoia is the hard part.

Overcoming peeanoia is the hard part.
Nah... having 4 sons you're kind of forced into that world. They pee on everything:)

Back
Top Bottom