Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay ladies and gents. Had my first dive today. It went really well.

Water temperature was a balmy 8°C.

Notes: the seaskin 250 undergarment with a 190gm wool base layer was just enough to not have me freeze my ass off. It was still cold and wouldn't want to dive for longer than 45 minutes wearing that.

Hands were way too cold in the thin gloves provided with the kubis. Looking at getting some showa 720s.

Wore 24lbs of weight and think another 2 or 3 pounds would be ideal considering the temperature.

Hood kept getting air trapped, which was a bit annoying.

Otherwise, completely dry, kubis are amazing and big thumbs up for seaskin. I recommended it to another diver here who already spent what I have on a used drysuit and changing seals and she's still not happy with it.

Negatives about the dive: didn't see anything of interest. No one had a camera to take a pic of me.

Hands were way too cold in the thin gloves provided with the kubis. Looking at getting some showa 720s.
What liners are you using? The dry gloves just keep you dry, not warm, Just like the rest of the dry suit.

What liners are you using? The dry gloves just keep you dry, not warm, Just like the rest of the dry suit.

The liners that I got with my gloves. Probably fine for 12 degrees water temp.

Send me a DM with what and how many of what you want. Makes it easiest.

USA only. I can't think international shipping from here would be cheaper though that is something we can discuss.

You don't dump bunch of piss on you when you disconnect?
You have another barrier if your valve starts leaking when not connected?
Non issue, more likely a source of a leak, or just as likely.

Non issue, more likely a source of a leak, or just as likely.

It seems to me that a Dry Break QD is either going to work correctly, in which case, it doesn't leak.

Or, it doesn't work correctly, in which case it is exactly the same chance of leaking as the open (non-dry break) QD.

It looks like the dry break mechanism is contained completely inside the fitting, so I don't see how it could malfunction and make it more likely to leak than the open version.

It seems to me that a Dry Break QD is either going to work correctly, in which case, it doesn't leak.

Or, it doesn't work correctly, in which case it is exactly the same chance of leaking as the open (non-dry break) QD.

It looks like the dry break mechanism is contained completely inside the fitting, so I don't see how it could malfunction and make it more likely to leak than the open version.
And the non dry break has even less chance, many people have an odd fear of a drop of pee getting away, some people pay others to pee on them, I fall outside of both camps and prefer simple less bulky pee parts :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom