Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless he did something weird, he would have given Seaskin one set of numbers, which they use for making the suit and the undies. So, if the suit itself fits correctly, that kind of confirms the #s are good.

It sounds like they just screwed up when making the undersuit.

Perhaps ask them for a few reference measurements of what the undersuit SHOULD be, and check it yourself (@Deezer-D).
I ordered mine separately trying to avoid tarrifs and had to input my numbers since it was a different order. I'm special though

Just received mine and it looks like it’s a well made suit for the price. Need to trim a ring off the silicone neck seal as it’s way too tight and rolling over on itself.
Not so sure on the undersuit though. Seems to be too long in the torso with 4-6” below crotch level and the legs seem too long too. Also baggy in places especially around the backside.
Seaskin say it’s meant to allow mobility and to see how I get on when diving but not convinced. The suit was made to measure to the measurements taken for the Drysuit. It’s the Thinsulate 150 version.
I’m thinking maybe a closer fitting stretch type undersuit like a Waterproof Body X or 2X might be better
Have you tried putting everything on and then try to kneel down, butt touching feet, then put your arms out front , parallel to the ground, reaching as far forward as possible? I was taught, by a well know drysuit repair shop, that this is the acid test for dry suit fit.

Email them and see what they say.
Already have and they suggest diving in it.
Unless he did something weird, he would have given Seaskin one set of numbers, which they use for making the suit and the undies. So, if the suit itself fits correctly, that kind of confirms the #s are good.

It sounds like they just screwed up when making the undersuit.

Perhaps ask them for a few reference measurements of what the undersuit SHOULD be, and check it yourself (@Deezer-D).
I did order at the same time so the same measurements should have been used.
The crotch is at least 4” below where it should be. I can grab at least 6” of excess material behind my thigh and the suit actually sticks out at my butt. The legs are too long - the Thinsulate material goes right down to the top of my foot overlapping the elasticated foot stirrups.
Arms are fairly loose around my biceps too but about the right length.
Have you tried putting everything on and then try to kneel down, butt touching feet, then put your arms out front , parallel to the ground, reaching as far forward as possible? I was taught, by a well know drysuit repair shop, that this is the acid test for dry suit fit.
I have and the bunched up undersuit isn’t very comfortable.

I’m going to ask them to take it back and review the sizes as the Drysuit itself seems to fit well enough.

Some pics for reference but hard to get across in photos

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

IMG_3100.jpeg

IMG_3101.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg

Forgot to add pic of suit
IMG_3109.jpeg

Spec if anyone is interested -

Black / Black

Telescopic Torso

Main Body Dry Zip Cover

YKK Plastic Drysuit Zip

Light Monkey Tinkle Balanced P-Valve

P-Valve Hose Tidy

Siflex Quick Neck

Warm Neck Simple

SiTech Oval Cuff Rings

Apeks Valves

Inflation Valve Comfort Patch

Tech Boot

PU Crutch Reinforcement

PU Shoulder Reinforcement

40mm Braces

No Logos

No Reflective Tape

Change Mat Drysuit Bag Upgrade

Seaskin Braces Pocket

Bellows Pockets L&R

Eezycut Trylobite - Orange & Yellow

Already have and they suggest diving in it.
I’m going to ask them to take it back and review the sizes as the Drysuit itself seems to fit well enough.
Some pics for reference but hard to get across in photos
That looks wrong! Send them the pictures. The suit itself looks about right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom