Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Deezer-D

This is the 150. Room in the crotch about 4-5 inches below my junk.
View attachment 781262
View attachment 781263

This is the 250, reserved for some idiotic time that I think diving in a vast frozen hell is a good idea.

View attachment 781264
View attachment 781265
That looks like a much slimmer fit than mine. Less bunching in the legs. The space in the crotch may be a normal design thing then? Still the legs seem neater and less material bunching up at the butt.
Thanks for the pics, much appreciated

What ya hiding back there... a cake🤣🤣🤣

What temps do you normally dive that the 250 is too much!?! My 250 was not enough.. wish they offered a 400.
I dive my 150 down to ~40 ish. I use my regular work socks from Costco because the seaskin ones are too much. Reg socks can also be worn under my undergarment so the foot sleeve goes over them. I went barefoot in 45 last week because I forgot my seaskin socks and was wearing sandals. I now have a reg pair of socks that live in my bag to cover my forgetfulness lol.

I dive my 150 down to ~40 ish. I use my regular work socks from Costco because the seaskin ones are too much. Reg socks can also be worn under my undergarment so the foot sleeve goes over them. I went barefoot in 45 last week because I forgot my seaskin socks and was wearing sandals. I now have a reg pair of socks that live in my bag to cover my forgetfulness lol.
You must be part polar bear. I wore my Halo 3D in 41F for 81 min Tues and I was pretty cold at the end. I couldn't imagine diving with anything less than that :oops: ... you're ditching the 250 for the 150 in 40's...makes me cold just thinking about it!

You must be part polar bear. I wore my Halo 3D in 41F for 81 min Tues and I was pretty cold at the end. I couldn't imagine diving with anything less than that :oops: ... you're ditching the 250 for the 150 in 40's...makes me cold just thinking about it!
And I wear a 5/3 hood. The only change I'm going to make is for larger gloves/inserts. My fingertips get cold and I don't like it. I think next Saturday the water near hood canal should be 46 ish and I'll put in for 2-3 dives. Maybe I'll stop being cheap/lazy and get better hand protection by then.

Edit: my dives are normally only 50-60 minutes and back gas deco if I run into it. 80-90 minutes I might get chilly?

Forgot to add pic of suit
View attachment 781211

Spec if anyone is interested -

Black / Black

Telescopic Torso

Main Body Dry Zip Cover

YKK Plastic Drysuit Zip

Light Monkey Tinkle Balanced P-Valve

P-Valve Hose Tidy

Siflex Quick Neck

Warm Neck Simple

SiTech Oval Cuff Rings

Apeks Valves

Inflation Valve Comfort Patch

Tech Boot

PU Crutch Reinforcement

PU Shoulder Reinforcement

40mm Braces

No Logos

No Reflective Tape

Change Mat Drysuit Bag Upgrade

Seaskin Braces Pocket

Bellows Pockets L&R

Eezycut Trylobite - Orange & Yellow
Looks kinda large in the shoulders

And I wear a 5/3 hood. The only change I'm going to make is for larger gloves/inserts. My fingertips get cold and I don't like it. I think next Saturday the water near hood canal should be 46 ish and I'll put in for 2-3 dives. Maybe I'll stop being cheap/lazy and get better hand protection by then.
Is the surface warmer? I did a dive on Sat 101 min but the top 15' jumped up to like ~ 48-49 or so... which felt like bath water. Bottom was ~ 42 I think. I was fairly cold until I came up.

I kind of have to keep making a conscious decision to keep more air in the suit then I would if it was warmer water, and I need to do it from the beginning of the dive. If I wait until I start to feel cold it's too late. Overall seems to really help my hands stay warmer. I also use the RefrigiWear liners... they help.

Already have and they suggest diving in it.

I did order at the same time so the same measurements should have been used.
The crotch is at least 4” below where it should be. I can grab at least 6” of excess material behind my thigh and the suit actually sticks out at my butt. The legs are too long - the Thinsulate material goes right down to the top of my foot overlapping the elasticated foot stirrups.
Arms are fairly loose around my biceps too but about the right length.

I have and the bunched up undersuit isn’t very comfortable.

I’m going to ask them to take it back and review the sizes as the Drysuit itself seems to fit well enough.

Some pics for reference but hard to get across in photos

View attachment 781206
View attachment 781207

View attachment 781208

View attachment 781209

View attachment 781210
No offence, but it looks like you slipped into a garbage bag

Edit: my dives are normally only 50-60 minutes and back gas deco if I run into it. 80-90 minutes I might get chilly?
Do you have wrist seals in your suit? I ditched mine about ten years ago, makes a big difference in allowing warm air from the suit up into the dry gloves. Twice I have had pin holes in the gloves, but no big deal.

Is the surface warmer? I did a dive on Sat 101 min but the top 15' jumped up to like ~ 48-49 or so... which felt like bath water. Bottom was ~ 42 I think. I was fairly cold until I came up.

I kind of have to keep making a conscious decision to keep more air in the suit then I would if it was warmer water, and I need to do it from the beginning of the dive. If I wait until I start to feel cold it's too late. Overall seems to really help my hands stay warmer. I also use the RefrigiWear liners... they help.
Only 1-2 deg variation here during fall/winter. I also keep a bit more air than needed since I like to not be cold. Little extra lead (26 of 30 lbs ditchable in 16, 5, 5 increments) to offset my puffy suit makes life nice.

Back
Top Bottom