Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put a piece of 1/4 ID on a sharkbite and a male QD on the other side. The SB is glued onto a Costco bottle cap because I have oodles of those. I mix a tab before leaving the house (warm water) and just leave it on the truck. Switch the caps when u want to use it and I'm good to go.

My own contraption.

Attachments

• 20230430_104931.jpg
    20230430_104931.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 48
So just so I understand.. If I'm going to wear a Santi flex 190 then the normal cut should be fine but If Im going to wear a Santi BZ400X then get the extra room?

So just so I understand.. If I'm going to wear a Santi flex 190 then the normal cut should be fine but If Im going to wear a Santi BZ400X then get the extra room?
I've seen quite a few who say get the extra room if there is a chance you are going to dive heavier undergarments. Worst case you have an extra fold or two in the fabric. Better that little drag than beingfrozen and miserable because you don't have the extra space to wear proper undergarments and have to call the dive

I got the extra room and it's very snug in the seaskin 250. I'm glad I got it because I can't imagine how tight it would have been without.

I emailed them to ask if they forgot to add extra and they just asked me to double check my measurements with what I've sent them. Haven't gotten around to it yet though.

I got the extra room and it's very snug in the seaskin 250. I'm glad I got it because I can't imagine how tight it would have been without.

I emailed them to ask if they forgot to add extra and they just asked me to double check my measurements with what I've sent them. Haven't gotten around to it yet though.
I got it and couldn't imagine without. I can get heavy stuff on in it, but without heavy stuff I wouldn't consider it "baggy" by any means.

How are people storing their suits? I roll mine up and put it in the bag. Is that fine for the zipper or should I try hanging it up? I live in an apartment so no elaborate garage where I can store it but could make room in my bedroom for a little "dive locker" if need be.

How are people storing their suits? I roll mine up and put it in the bag. Is that fine for the zipper or should I try hanging it up? I live in an apartment so no elaborate garage where I can store it but could make room in my bedroom for a little "dive locker" if need be.
I only transport in the bag, otherwise it's laid out in the basement. I don't hang it up, but that's just because I haven't found a hanger I'm in love with.

If it's a plastic zip, you should be fine. Just keep it open
From Seaskin manual:
Once the drysuit valves are thoroughly clean and dry and the zip lubricated, you should store your drysuit in a cool dry place away from devices that produce ozone such as motors and heaters. It is preferable that the suit is stored hung up with the zip closed. Or packed correctly in the bag supplied with the zip open. When in storage or transportation do not allow the suit to be crushed by heavy weights. For long term storage of suits seal inside a polythene bag.

Just as a quick follow up to the undersuit, Seaskin took it back and gave a full refund. No complaints on the customer service, very pleased with the outcome.
I’ve a Waterproof Nord 200 undersuit and the fit is perfect. Really well made and great cut. Should work well all year round for me.
Only four dives so far, all dry. Initial thoughts -

• Had to trim the silicone neck seal as it was much too tight. Might change to Waterproof Neoprene version.
  • It's heavier and the material is stiffer than I thought it would be (first drysuit so no real point of reference).
  • Tech boots are great with the velcro ankle straps.
  • Braces (suspenders) keep slipping out of the pinch clips so need a solution to this as this is very irritating.
  • P Valve tube is annoying even though I have the velcro tidy. I'll not be using it so can the hose be removed from a Light Monkey Tinkle?
  • Maybe should have gone for a brass zip as I'm not convinced the plastic YKK is robust enough - time will tell.

For what you get, the price is hard to beat. I think it's a good first suit for me.

Back
Top Bottom