Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found that the Seaskin Tech Base layer (which is worn directly against the skin) does a very good job of wicking. And it is very inexpensive compared to similar alternatives like Under Armour Cold Gear.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the Seaskin Tech Base layer. Order placed...

Very close to what I ordered. Congrats and good luck with the wait! My therapy for dealing with that is to put together a new BPW. It helps heaps.
My BPW is a completely different story, DPD claims to have delivered it but I've never gotten it. Now in the process of getting my money back. :confused:

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Seaskin Tech Base layer. Order placed...

This is probably the only thing that @stuartv and I don't agree on.. and frankly it's because he's just wrong😁!

I much prefer marino wool (plenty of different thicknesses to choose from) next to my skin any day vs my Seaskin base layer.

Reminds me, I need to get some thicker marino for the Nova ar some point.

This is probably the only thing that @stuartv and I don't agree on.. and frankly it's because he's just wrong😁!

I much prefer marino wool (plenty of different thicknesses to choose from) next to my skin any day vs my Seaskin base layer.

Reminds me, I need to get some thicker marino for the Nova ar some point.

I put my Merino over my Seaskin base layer. That is, IF I'm wearing any Merino. If I wear my Waterproof mid-layer, I do not wear any Merino.

I put my Merino over my Seaskin base layer. That is, IF I'm wearing any Merino. If I wear my Waterproof mid-layer, I do not wear any Merino.

I am not familiar with the WP stuff. I have sometimes worn merino THEN Seaskin base on top. Maybe mine is too tight (it is a little tight). I'm just not a huge fan of that type of material next to my skin. I feel like merino doesn't get as funky as fast either... so I can usually get at least a few dives before washing.. depends on the time of year.

I am also not a polar bear and dread the cold.. so every little bit helps, lol

I am not familiar with the WP stuff. I have sometimes worn merino THEN Seaskin base on top. Maybe mine is too tight (it is a little tight). I'm just not a huge fan of that type of material next to my skin. I feel like merino doesn't get as funky as fast either... so I can usually get at least a few dives before washing.. depends on the time of year.

I am also not a polar bear and dread the cold.. so every little bit helps, lol

To me, the Seaskin Tech Base adds a tiny bit of warmth, but it is so minor that I would not ever bother wearing it over anything else. I only wear it for its wicking properties. So, it's against my skin or don't bother.

It is supposed to be snug. Wearing it over anything else, I would be concerned that it would be reducing the loft of the wool and reducing the warmth of the wool (by a tiny bit).

I have 2 sets of the Seaskin base and just ordered a 3rd. I like to start every day with a fresh set of undies. When I was in 10 days of training recently, I had the luxury of a washer/dryer where we were staying and did a load of laundry every other day, for fresh undies every day. If I didn't have that, then at least my undies get a full day+ of drying before I wear them again.

One thing I'll note about the Seaskin tech base is that it wicks very well, but it does take a while to dry. If it's pretty damp at the end of a day, it might not be fully dry the next morning, if it is just hung up to air dry overnight. Especially in a humid environment.

Back
Top Bottom