Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For some reason I had it in my mind that you only did that with neo suits? I'll do it, but mine feels pretty "slippery" inside... which is worlds different than my neo suit. Once at deptch that thing is stuck however it sits on the body. The new suit feels like it can move more underwater.

They did send all that stuff, but they also sent the bees wax, so I just figured it's a "one size fits all" package.
The seam tape can be a little grabby on a new suit Si it helps.

I figure it can't hurt on any suit. I didn't really notice any significant different with my neo or trilam suits. But, maybe it helped a little. It probably depends a lot on what you're wearing directly under the drysuit.

Also, that talc is good on your seals. It helps silicone seals go on and off easier. It is also very good to talc spare seals really well before storing them in a ziploc bag or similar.

2nd dive in the suit today. 44f 1hr 56m. I wore my 4E arctics and a pretty thin marino top underneath. Wrist warmers, much better glove liners, 2 pairs of wool socks. Felt fine. Never once got cold. Stayed in the whole time.

This was sort of a working dive, I would imagine if I was looking at a wreck or something I would have gotten cold. A lot of people do it in 7mm.. how is beyond me. The suit feels really great in the water. Not sure why I didn't do this sooner.

One thing I did notice was I was damp all along the zipper. I didn't feel it until after I got out. I'm not sure if that came down my neck, or if it was moisture from the inflation valve.. I don't think it was sweat, but I'm not sure. I didn't get that at all the other night when I went for 45 min. Today was a lot of up and down collecting baskets, so I'm really not sure.

Rolock's def loosened up some since dive 1. Fairly easy on and off.

Attachments

• 20221210_071507.jpg
    20221210_071507.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20221210_111249(0).jpg
    20221210_111249(0).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20221210_122927.jpg
    20221210_122927.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20221210_125823.jpg
    20221210_125823.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 43
That's so odd. My total was 13xx.xx GPB (at the time was $1500 USD). Shipping was $70ish. UPS just required a signature. No fee yet.

I wonder what causes an order to be flagged by customs for more fees?
i got my package, i paid over the phone but the driver still wanted a check and didnt release the package to me for about 15 min after a call with his manager. but i didnt have to sign lol thats so weird that we had the exact opposite experience. i live in USA WA ST maybe you live in a another country? it was our (USA) customs that charges us for importing.

i got my package, i paid over the phone but the driver still wanted a check and didnt release the package to me for about 15 min after a call with his manager. but i didnt have to sign lol thats so weird that we had the exact opposite experience. i live in USA WA ST maybe you live in a another country? it was our (USA) customs that charges us for importing.
Man tha sounds like a shakedown if I ever heard one, lol... almost like he was waiting at the end of your street with the suit for ransom:rofl3:... funny not funny, I know. That sucks.

My wife signed. UPS in the state of Maryland, and nothing since. I could always get a bill at a later date though... I really don't know.

Can someone with a quickneck or orust ring measure how wide the ring is when worn? To be able to judge whether it'll overlap with the harness for me or not

I thought that was the difference between people who say it hurts and is getting in the way and people who say it's fine, the harness bands digging into the ring?

Will have to measure in the coming days for the distance between the bands when all geared up, normal shoulder width is something like 46-50cm depending on how I measure

What's everyone's experience with the allowance for extra thick undersuits options? I'll be ordering my suit in the next month but am stumped on whether or not to pick this option. I'd say most of my diving will be done in Swiss lakes (4degrees to 16 degrees Celsius) with probably the occasional trip (Malta, Adriatic, Baltic etc). So overall a mix of conditions but mostly cold.

I did my drysuit course with a trilam rental last week and was diving with a synthetic base layer, 200g merino wool layer and no gravity sea lion undersuit. I was warm enough on the 50 min dive but the water was only 10 degrees and I wouldn't want to be colder than I was. The instructors wore a halo ar and j2 underneath and mentioned this was fine for them but would add a heated vest for any colder. Someone else did their drysuit cert in an Avatar with a bz400x and the undergarment didn't look that lofty and her suit also didn't look baggy without the undergarment.

So my questions are: can you fit a santi bz400 into a standard cut seaskin?
What about a tecline/pinnacle 490? (250 thinsulate with 200 fleece)
How baggy is the suit with the extra allowance, if I'm wearing a 150g thinsulate or 250g thinsulate (or halo Ar)?
I know this is subjective but how warm is a 250 thinsulate compared to let's say a halo AR?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom