Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was my experience... but I certainly didn't call to see if I owed them money, lol

That's interesting... none of those look really "heavy" to me... I guess they are when it's all added up.

My go to is a thin layer of marino wool and then sometimes something over top. I was too fat to get the 4th element under my last suit so I had to use 150gsm fluffy Northen Diver undergarment. (or maybe 100gsm... Idk). With the neo suit I could do just the thin layer of Marino down to ~55 - 60F. The Marino was so thin it was starting to look like a mouse ate through it. I need to get more of that stuff... probably thicker stuff to go with the new thinner suit.
yeah, generally I try to avoid checking...but when it's the government, they tend to find out you owe them money and get cranky about it....so would like to avoid a surprise later when it gets turned over to some collections agency or something lol figured would be better to head it off and be like hey, you SURE I owe you or the government money?

That was my experience... but I certainly didn't call to see if I owed them money, lol

That's interesting... none of those look really "heavy" to me... I guess they are when it's all added up.

My go to is a thin layer of marino wool and then sometimes something over top. I was too fat to get the 4th element under my last suit so I had to use 150gsm fluffy Northen Diver undergarment. (or maybe 100gsm... Idk). With the neo suit I could do just the thin layer of Marino down to ~55 - 60F. The Marino was so thin it was starting to look like a mouse ate through it. I need to get more of that stuff... probably thicker stuff to go with the new thinner suit.
They aren’t actually heavy but thick and crush resistant, the stuff you can get away with under neoprene is crazy but it’s apples to potatoes, in neo you have greater insulation from the material but also buoyancy, in the shell you have to layer the same buoyancy into it.

the neo socks will give you a greater range of boot/fin options, I have long feet and match whatever boot I’m using to whatever fin I’m using, my Zeagle recon “L” work perfectly with low top converse and the XL work with Hollis or DUI boots, yea I have way to much stuff! I often envy people who can just buy something and be happy with it for years, I don’t understand them but envy a little.

They aren’t actually heavy but think and crush resistant, the stuff you can get away with under neoprene is crazy but it’s apples to potatoes, in neo you have greater insulation from the material but also buoyancy, in the shell you have to layer the same buoyancy into it.

the neo socks will give you a greater range of boot/fin options, I have long feet and match whatever boot I’m using to whatever fin I’m using, my Zeagle recon “L” work perfectly with low top converse and the XL work with Hollis or DUI boots, yea I have way to much stuff! I often envy people who can just buy something and be happy with it for years, I don’t understand them but envy a little.

You and I would get along great... I have a basement full of experiments and hand me down fins and fins I bought and tried. I have at least 15 sets of fins, I really need to get rid of some crap!! My go to has been XXL Hollis F1's but my boots on the neo suit were way too big, so I needed XXL. I just got a pair of XL F1's they should be coming today!!

I don't really switch things too often though.. I'll add minor things and tweak but once I find something I like I usually stick with it. I really like the F1's.. I hope they work well with this suit.

yeah, generally I try to avoid checking...but when it's the government, they tend to find out you owe them money and get cranky about it....so would like to avoid a surprise later when it gets turned over to some collections agency or something lol figured would be better to head it off and be like hey, you SURE I owe you or the government money?

CBP wouldn’t come after you. The carrier (Fedex/UPS) would since they’re the ones who did the entry, they’re the ones who pay the duties to CBP.

CBP wouldn’t come after you. The carrier (Fedex/UPS) would since they’re the ones who did the entry, they’re the ones who pay the duties to CBP.
In your experience... does UPS ever charge after the fact?

In your experience... does UPS ever charge after the fact?

I have no clue. My experience with UPS/Fedex on the job is when I’m clearing a shipment they’ve brought in. Totally different from the air carriers clearing under the special rules they work under.

I have no clue. My experience with UPS/Fedex on the job is when I’m clearing a shipment they’ve brought in. Totally different from the air carriers clearing under the special rules they work under.
I feel like I saw somewhere in this thread where someone got their order, and didn't know their was duties with it until they got turned over to collections and the collections agency came after them....but I could also be recalling wrong.

I feel like I saw somewhere in this thread where someone got their order, and didn't know their was duties with it until they got turned over to collections and the collections agency came after them....but I could also be recalling wrong.

Yes, I remember that as well.

Suit came and fits great, can't wait to get it in the water... Just have to find someone else who wants to dive cold water >.<

Attachments

• PXL_20221130_203127677.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20221130_203127677.PORTRAIT.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 71
just to add my experience to this thread;

im getting my Seaskin Nova delivered today.

UPS customes/ Duties were $127 for a 1200 Euros order. i ordered it on 9/26 so it took exactly 10 weeks to get it 9 weeks for them to finish it and send it out. also before they would send it out they required $40 more for shipping. they charged me $70 upfront but the actual cost for shipping was $110. i just got off the phone with UPS and they will not leave the package until the duties are paid so you can either pay online, over the phone, or give the driver a check when he attmepts delivery but if you want your package dont think they will deliver without the duties paid and you can forget about it because you simply wont get your package.

i will update after i get in my first couple dives with my new drysuit to help you decide if this is for you or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom