Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSCA is the Toxic Substances Control Act under EPA. They basically just want to know if you’re bringing chemical stuff into the US. Believe it or not, MDF also falls under that due to the formaldehyde content.

That pocket doesn’t contain anything for TSCA. Just disclaim it aka doesn’t apply. I deal with TSCA daily.
The guy (or gal) on the other end was very helpful told me exactly what to fill out and they were very responsive. I would send an email and they would send one right back.

Also... so far I didn't have to pay any customs fees which I'm stoked about. Not sure how I skated by that.. I was expecting at least $50 or so.

The guy (or gal) on the other end was very helpful told me exactly what to fill out and they were very responsive. I would send an email and they would send one right back.

Also... so far I didn't have to pay any customs fees which I'm stoked about. Not sure how I skated by that.. I was expecting at least $50 or so.

You were talking with UPS? If no duties, that’s good. But I wouldn’t count your eggs before they’re hatched yet.

You were talking with UPS? If no duties, that’s good. But I wouldn’t count your eggs before they’re hatched yet.

Yes, this is UPS. I have read (I think by you) that they charge before delivery?

I won't be surprised to get a bill either.

Surprised with the no duty thing but cool, fed ex used to bill and that didn’t work out well.

I don’t get the extra room and have no problem but I don’t use the fluffy type undergarments, way to easy to smash out the fluff and get cold.

Surprised with the no duty thing but cool, fed ex used to bill and that didn’t work out well.

I don’t get the extra room and have no problem but I don’t use the fluffy type undergarments, way to easy to smash out the fluff and get cold.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the 4th element stuff.. more dense and streamlined.

I also am not a huge fan of the hole they have in the undergarment... I can't see how it would be easy to connect a hose as low as they put it. I guess have a hose in the undergarment with another hose on the suit? Idk..

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the 4th element stuff.. more dense and streamlined.

I also am not a huge fan of the hole they have in the undergarment... I can't see how it would be easy to connect a hose as low as they put it. I guess have a hose in the undergarment with another hose on the suit? Idk..
I use two piece undies so I can do the up and over, I have used a shark skin one piece by running the second lower zipper up and put the hose through that way, it can work but not ideal.

I use two piece undies so I can do the up and over, I have used a shark skin one piece by running the second lower zipper up and put the hose through that way, it can work but not ideal.
I do the same, but I for sure prefer the 2 piece (which is what my 4th element is) and up and candy cane over.

What type of undergarments do you use? I got the extra room as I find myself diving 38-42F a lot in the winter. Diving in the bay when there's a few feet of snow is right up my alley.

Mine should be here tomorrow... Cleared customs, but I don't see anything about paying for it... So interested to see how that goes...
soooooo, in a strange twist...UPS says there are no import fees on my suit...I looked online, no mention of import fees, I called and spoke to someone in their international department, no fees...not sure if I just lucked out or what...

I do the same, but I for sure prefer the 2 piece (which is what my 4th element is) and up and candy cane over.

What type of undergarments do you use? I got the extra room as I find myself diving 38-42F a lot in the winter. Diving in the bay when there's a few feet of snow is right up my alley.
My “heavy” stuff is Hollis AUG 450 and sometimes Waterproof 3D and sometimes just wool fleece (light waffle pattern) wool. I feel the cold more one my upper arms and across my shoulders, not so much on my legs so I often do the triple layer on the bottom and wool/Hollis on top, if fun to experiment and since I don’t bother making notes I get to repeat the experiments over and over. I also have an electric vest but don’t often use it.

soooooo, in a strange twist...UPS says there are no import fees on my suit...I looked online, no mention of import fees, I called and spoke to someone in their international department, no fees...not sure if I just lucked out or what...
That was my experience... but I certainly didn't call to see if I owed them money, lol
My “heavy” stuff is Hollis AUG 450 and sometimes Waterproof 3D and sometimes just wool fleece (light waffle pattern) wool. I feel the cold more one my upper arms and across my shoulders, not so much on my legs so I often do the triple layer on the bottom and wool/Hollis on top, if fun to experiment and since I don’t bother making notes I get to repeat the experiments over and over. I also have an electric vest but don’t often use it.
That's interesting... none of those look really "heavy" to me... I guess they are when it's all added up.

My go to is a thin layer of marino wool and then sometimes something over top. I was too fat to get the 4th element under my last suit so I had to use 150gsm fluffy Northen Diver undergarment. (or maybe 100gsm... Idk). With the neo suit I could do just the thin layer of Marino down to ~55 - 60F. The Marino was so thin it was starting to look like a mouse ate through it. I need to get more of that stuff... probably thicker stuff to go with the new thinner suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom