Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just to add my experience to this thread;

im getting my Seaskin Nova delivered today.

UPS customes/ Duties were $127 for a 1200 Euros order. i ordered it on 9/26 so it took exactly 10 weeks to get it 9 weeks for them to finish it and send it out. also before they would send it out they required $40 more for shipping. they charged me $70 upfront but the actual cost for shipping was $110. i just got off the phone with UPS and they will not leave the package until the duties are paid so you can either pay online, over the phone, or give the driver a check when he attmepts delivery but if you want your package dont think they will deliver without the duties paid and you can forget about it because you simply wont get your package.

i will update after i get in my first couple dives with my new drysuit to help you decide if this is for you or not.
Out of curiosity, where do you live?

just to add my experience to this thread;

im getting my Seaskin Nova delivered today.

UPS customes/ Duties were $127 for a 1200 Euros order. i ordered it on 9/26 so it took exactly 10 weeks to get it 9 weeks for them to finish it and send it out. also before they would send it out they required $40 more for shipping. they charged me $70 upfront but the actual cost for shipping was $110. i just got off the phone with UPS and they will not leave the package until the duties are paid so you can either pay online, over the phone, or give the driver a check when he attmepts delivery but if you want your package dont think they will deliver without the duties paid and you can forget about it because you simply wont get your package.

i will update after i get in my first couple dives with my new drysuit to help you decide if this is for you or not.

That's so odd. My total was 13xx.xx GPB (at the time was $1500 USD). Shipping was $70ish. UPS just required a signature. No fee yet.

I wonder what causes an order to be flagged by customs for more fees?

That's so odd. My total was 13xx.xx GPB (at the time was $1500 USD). Shipping was $70ish. UPS just required a signature. No fee yet.

I wonder what causes an order to be flagged by customs for more fees?
I had a very similar experience, where same shipping, and no customs... Wonder of we just got a nice customs auditor lol but yeah, that's why I was asking where they live... Curious if they are shipping some place strange

Ok.. can report on my 1st dive. Wow, what a difference a suit made for me feels like vs a used suit that really wasn't. I had no idea. Water was a chilly 46f and I wore my 4E top and bottoms. Its was a quick dive, about 45 min. I did not wear the right glove liners so hands got cold. I was warmer than I thought but colder than I wanted with just the 4E on. I'll probably add at least a thicker layer of marino wool under the top. I would have been chilled by the hr mark, but the hands didn't help.​
Could reach valves, pockets, d ring no problem at all. I'm actually kind of glad I dove a tight suit for a while, makes this one feel all that much more free!​
Added drag was noticeable but to be expected I'm told. Not much, but noticable.​
Need to adjust the Rolock 90's as the suit side weren't where they need to be.. was fine for the dive. A little tight getting on, but overall seem like they're great. As an added bonus the overall profile is smaller than the Waterproof Ultimas.. that alone has me sold!​
I did somehow manage to piss myself, lol.. I guess not everything goes great all the time. I'm not sure if it was the janky QC that came with the suit or what? Was seeping out from that area. I swapped that out to the QC from my other suit as soon as I got home, I would think that fixes it... at least I hope, lol.​
20221204_124411.jpg

@rob.mwpropane which pee valve did you get?
I got the LM Tinkle. The valve wasn't at all faulty, it was right around the QC.

My other suit had the Trigon, has never failed me, just wanted to try something different.

Ok.. can report on my 1st dive. Wow, what a difference a suit made for me feels like vs a used suit that really wasn't. I had no idea. Water was a chilly 46f and I wore my 4E top and bottoms. Its was a quick dive, about 45 min. I did not wear the right glove liners so hands got cold. I was warmer than I thought but colder than I wanted with just the 4E on. I'll probably add at least a thicker layer of marino wool under the top. I would have been chilled by the hr mark, but the hands didn't help.​
Could reach valves, pockets, d ring no problem at all. I'm actually kind of glad I dove a tight suit for a while, makes this one feel all that much more free!​
Added drag was noticeable but to be expected I'm told. Not much, but noticable.​
Need to adjust the Rolock 90's as the suit side weren't where they need to be.. was fine for the dive. A little tight getting on, but overall seem like they're great. As an added bonus the overall profile is smaller than the Waterproof Ultimas.. that alone has me sold!​
I did somehow manage to piss myself, lol.. I guess not everything goes great all the time. I'm not sure if it was the janky QC that came with the suit or what? Was seeping out from that area. I swapped that out to the QC from my other suit as soon as I got home, I would think that fixes it... at least I hope, lol.​
Nice summary. What exact undergarments did you wear and did you get the extra allowance in the suit?

Nice summary. What exact undergarments did you wear and did you get the extra allowance in the suit?
Good question.. I should have mentioned that. I used my tried and true 4th Element Arctics (4E) 2 piece undergarments with nothing else (except wool socks and thin wool glove liners). I got the extra room and am so glad I did. I have put the suit on 3 times so far. The 1st 2 times (at my house the day I got it) I was thinking it still felt tighter than I thought it should. Last night at the quarry it felt much better. There might be a "break in" period where the suit gets a little less stiff, or it could be my experience getting a bag suit on I'm not sure. Either way, I couldn't imagine it being smaller. If there's extra room, it's not overly noticeable.

I dive mostly local cold water, so room to be able to layer up felt appropriate for me. I am also a wuss with the cold:). I'll need at least another layer on my torso.

@rob.mwpropane Awesome! I'm very glad to hear it worked out so well.

If you haven't, don't forget to chalk your suit.

For some reason I had it in my mind that you only did that with neo suits? I'll do it, but mine feels pretty "slippery" inside... which is worlds different than my neo suit. Once at deptch that thing is stuck however it sits on the body. The new suit feels like it can move more underwater.

They did send all that stuff, but they also sent the bees wax, so I just figured it's a "one size fits all" package.

Back
Top Bottom