Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice build. I didn't get the extra room for thick undergarments and dive in 39F/4C with a Santi BZ400x, fleece vest, and expedition-weight base layer underneath for a good chunk of the year without any issues fitting it all in the suit, restricting movement, etc. YMMV

My Nova is still going strong after 2.5 years of regular use (and some abuse). Ended up being $1,600, even after the duty charge or whatever they call it. A friend just paid more than triple that for a DUI and waited just as long because they messed up a measurement (took mine 16 weeks, hers was ultimately 15). You're going to love it!

Will you be diving in really cold water and need extra thick undergarments? I didn’t opt for the extra room and there’s still plenty of room for thicker under garments. Just something to think about.

P.S. I think you’ll be happy with the setup you picked. I pretty much have the same build and am very happy.

Now I'm confused again.

Everyone around me has told me that I should definitely take the option "Allowance for extra thick undersuits" because the Nova is very figure-hugging. I also lost 12 kg/27 lbs of weight during the pandemic, which I am now starting to build up again (in the hope that it will become muscle :) ). But in my current, skinny, status I am being measured by a tailor.

It would be very interesting for me to see how big the differences are with and without this option.

I won't be diving a Santi BZ400 or anything like that, the lowest temperature in january/february is 12°C/54F. My Kwark Navy plus merino underwear should do the trick. I can always put on a third layer if I need to.

Now I'm confused again.

Everyone around me has told me that I should definitely take the option "Allowance for extra thick undersuits" because the Nova is very figure-hugging. I also lost 12 kg/27 lbs of weight during the pandemic, which I am now starting to build up again (in the hope that it will become muscle :) ). But in my current, skinny, status I am being measured by a tailor.

It would be very interesting for me to see how big the differences are with and without this option.

I won't be diving a Santi BZ400 or anything like that, the lowest temperature in january/february is 12°C/54F. My Kwark Navy plus merino underwear should do the trick. I can always put on a third layer if I need to.
I wish I lost weight during the pandemic. I'm sporting like 40 pounds of COVID bioprene.

Now I'm confused again.

Unless you use something very bulky for under garments the extra should not be necessary, I tried a bz400 in my regulat cut suit and it still fit, I find layers of wool and fleece to be warmer and more adaptable to various conditions.

Unless you use something very bulky for under garments the extra should not be necessary, I tried a bz400 in my regulat cut suit and it still fit, I find layers of wool and fleece to be warmer and more adaptable to various conditions.

Dammit... well what if you dive 35° water pretty regularly?

My dilemma is my current suit is neo, so not knowing how cold I'll be in a trilam I really don't know.

My dilemma is my current suit is neo, so not knowing how cold I'll be in a trilam I really don't know.
Layers, heated vest or move to someplace with warmer water like Monterey. :wink:

I find dense fleece over heavy wool works best for me but I don’t dive in anything that cold.

Just my personal opinion, in your case, you would probably be happy with it with the "extra allowance".

Now I'm confused again.

Now MIGHT not be the best time for you to take measurements and order a custom drysuit...

Today is the day! Exchange rate is great. One last question about kevlar... what are the pro's and cons to it? Did you guys get all of it, some of it,... none?

I normally dive cold water wrecks off NJ but have been to the St. Lawrence....

I think this is the last question I have anyway, lol.

Thanks!

Today is the day! Exchange rate is great. One last question about kevlar... what are the pro's and cons to it? Did you guys get all of it, some of it,... none?

I normally dive cold water wrecks off NJ but have been to the St. Lawrence....

I think this is the last question I have anyway, lol.

Thanks!
I got the Kevlar knee pads and the reinforcement in every area I could…because it wasn’t expensive and why not?

I got the Kevlar knee pads and the reinforcement in every area I could…because it wasn’t expensive and why not?
I have heard it makes the suit very stiff from someone that got it, and do you REALLY need all that? I didnt get the reinforcement on mine, and I may come to regret that, but I also don't plan to be in my knees that much if at all. If you look at the information on it, they say it shouldn't be needed... But I imagine it's largely personal preference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom