Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do that all the time lol then it's a fun surprise when things come in the mail, like wow, I was just thinking about getting this the other day!! It's just what I wanted.
Lol, I’ll run with this way of thinking. Can’t get here soon enough so I’ll just forget that I ordered it 😂

Having a made to measure drysuit, did you folks achieve a real world reduction in weight needs?

Having a made to measure drysuit, did you folks achieve a real world reduction in weight needs?
No, you need what you need but this will help with the bubble by keeping the insulating air spread out more evenly. The suit is easier to dive and maintain trim.

Been diving my Nova now for a while and absolutely love it.
I've got the Kubi rings and would leave them out next time as I found my hands will keep just as warm in good gloves.
I have Si-tech silicone seals and love them, I'm never going back to latex.

Initially I was disappointed that my Santi BZ400 does not comfortably fit in the snug suit, but I'm not too fond on the BZ400 anyway since I need to carry too much lead (a whopping 16KG) to sink.
So I just use several layers of other stuf and when it gets too cold for that, it is too cold to dive.
Having said that I had no problem diving all winter last winter without the BZ (Global warming does have its upsides).
If something would happen to my suit I would not hesitate to buy a new one. For this price (I paid I think €1300,- all in) it will be hard to beat.

Just thought I mention it :)

Been diving my Nova now for a while and absolutely love it.
I've got the Kubi rings and would leave them out next time as I found my hands will keep just as warm in good gloves.
I have Si-tech silicone seals and love them, I'm never going back to latex.

Initially I was disappointed that my Santi BZ400 does not comfortably fit in the snug suit, but I'm not too fond on the BZ400 anyway since I need to carry too much lead (a whopping 16KG) to sink.
So I just use several layers of other stuf and when it gets too cold for that, it is too cold to dive.
Having said that I had no problem diving all winter last winter without the BZ (Global warming does have its upsides).
If something would happen to my suit I would not hesitate to buy a new one. For this price (I paid I think €1300,- all in) it will be hard to beat.

Just thought I mention it :)

Would you get the option to be bigger for larger undergarments?

That's really my only dilemma so far. I'm not sure what to do.

I would have changed it the first few weeks. It felt snug and stiff was almost impossible to get in and out of without assistance.
But now the fabric has become nice and subtle (is that the correct english word?) and it feels like a glove, easy to get in and out on my own.
If you love diving in the winter for 90 minutes at 35 meters I would take the bigger option.
If on the other hand you're like me and like to take a short 30/40 minute dive in the winter at 6/7 degrees Celcius on a sunny Sunday morning, you'll probably be fine with the regular option and some fleece layers.

Different brand, but went to a MTM from an off the peg of nearly the same suit.
Found my fat belly wasn't as stuffed in. But the real win is my skinny calfs were no longer a giant bubble waiting to happen. I ended up ditching the leg gators I had used for years.

Would you get the option to be bigger for larger undergarments?

That's really my only dilemma so far. I'm not sure what to do.
I opted for more room in my Nova. There is no way it would fit without. I was wearing Xerotherm and Halo 3-D but recently switched to Santi BZ400X and a Santi Heated vest. I guess it might depend on where you dive, but I know 3-4 other Great Lakes divers who all opted for the additional room. I'm just about at 40 hours in my suit and I have zero complaints.

I opted for more room in my Nova. There is no way it would fit without. I was wearing Xerotherm and Halo 3-D but recently switched to Santi BZ400X and a Santi Heated vest. I guess it might depend on where you dive, but I know 3-4 other Great Lakes divers who all opted for the additional room. I'm just about at 40 hours in my suit and I have zero complaints.

That answers my question. I dive mostly cold.. I'd be pissed to end up with another suit that's too tight when I layer up. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom