Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strange thing: when I got my suit, I had big problems to remove Rolock rings from suit ( I have posted here about that). Needed to change ripped seal, and what do you know, I can quite easily remove rings just using my hands.
I thought maybe old seals got set and tried with new ones, same thing.

If anyone has gotten a custom patch can you tell me what all was entailed with getting that done? I know country flag is the norm, but I think I want something different. I thought I saw something a while back about that.

Strange thing: when I got my suit, I had big problems to remove Rolock rings from suit ( I have posted here about that). Needed to change ripped seal, and what do you know, I can quite easily remove rings just using my hands.
I thought maybe old seals got set and tried with new ones, same thing.

I use the rolock to. I initially used a thicker blue glove and had no issues connecting or disconnecting rings. Several months ago I switched to a much thinner glove, in order to give me more hand feel. As I switched to the thinner glove it did not provide the same level of resistance and has made it much harder to dawn doff gloves. Lubrication helps but It is much more challenging.

If anyone has gotten a custom patch can you tell me what all was entailed with getting that done? I know country flag is the norm, but I think I want something different. I thought I saw something a while back about that.

We got our names on our Drysuit bags. I’ll see if I can find a picture.

We got our names on our Drysuit bags. I’ll see if I can find a picture.
Yeah I understand that.. but I also saw pictures of some badges having something different... flowers, dive flags, etc.

They do not go into a whole lot of detail what they can do. This is what they say;

*The badge is formed by stitching so very simple graphics in blocks of colours work best, fine detail cannot be reproduced or shading or fading from one colour to another

9cm x 6cm

Yeah I understand that.. but I also saw pictures of some badges having something different... flowers, dive flags, etc.

They do not go into a whole lot of detail what they can do. This is what they say;

*The badge is formed by stitching so very simple graphics in blocks of colours work best, fine detail cannot be reproduced or shading or fading from one colour to another

9cm x 6cm

My wife got a South African flag on hers and I got a dive flag on mine. Don’t have a picture but can take one when I get home.

My wife got a South African flag on hers and I got a dive flag on mine. Don’t have a picture but can take one when I get home.

I am thinking about seeing if they can do something like this... I got an all black suit with orange thread.. I think it looks pretty cool.... thoughts?

Attachments

• Badge1.png
    Badge1.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 35
I use the rolock to. I initially used a thicker blue glove and had no issues connecting or disconnecting rings. Several months ago I switched to a much thinner glove, in order to give me more hand feel. As I switched to the thinner glove it did not provide the same level of resistance and has made it much harder to dawn doff gloves. Lubrication helps but It is much more challenging.
No, I am talking about suit side rings, that hold wrist seals

Back
Top Bottom