Seahawks in the Superbowl!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
Also, the Seahawks have another city of over 2 million behind them in Vancouver

I would expect there are probably more Seahawks fans in Vancouver than there are BC Lions fans in Seattle.

HarryWhisman:
Moved from Dallas to the Northwest about 15 years ago and could never imagine rooting for the pathetic Sea Chickens until Jerry decided he couldn't get along with Jimmy and hired the Okie. !!BLASPHEMY!!

!!HEY HOW BOUT THOSE SEA HAWKS!!

Yep, same here... transplanted from Austin in '86. Impossible to forgive the man who wrecked your team's chance to win three, possibly four superbowls in a row.

I'm not switching teams, again, the Cowboy thing is down deep. But I am buying a Seahawk jersey.

Sasquatch said: I noticed the Vegas line has the Steelers by 4 points. This usually indicates a good, close game.

I sure hope so. Lopsided games are no way to end the season.

Steve

Mike Veitch:
Immaculate conception Ted?!?! Wow you are old.............. :wink:

Re-read that Mike. The Immaculate RECEPTION was made by Franco Harris off of a deflected pass that looked like there was no way it could be caught. It is one of those eternal highlight plays that you see in just about every sequence on great plays of the play offs.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=762

Alas, those were the days when Terry Bradshaw had some hair and a bigger arm than a mouth. Still cheered for the Steelers.

tedtim:
Re-read that Mike. The Immaculate RECEPTION was made by Franco Harris off of a deflected pass that looked like there was no way it could be caught. It is one of those eternal highlight plays that you see in just about every sequence on great plays of the play offs.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=762

Alas, those were the days when Terry Bradshaw had some hair and a bigger arm than a mouth. Still cheered for the Steelers.
Ted yer killin me!!!

My sarcasm is so underappreciated... :wink:

DiverBuoy:

It didn't look like a touchdown to me, it definitely wasn't a push off and what's with the illegal block call????

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Bad day for our beloved Sea Chickens.:frown11:

DiverBuoy:

Ouch!

I'd forecast the Seahawks on top by two touchdowns. They finished with the most yardage, most first downs, most time of posession, and the best turnover ratio. That usually translates to a win, but I didn't factor in the complete collapse of Jeremy Stevens. If he'd held on to just two of the four passes he dropped, the Seahawks would have taken the trophy.

There is still plenty of talk everywhere about the officiating... but the Seahawks could have overcome the questionable calls with more skillful execution. Still, I hate it when football outcomes are influenced by the referees.

If I wanted a subjective decision on the outcome, I'd watch figure skating.

I'm still hoarse from all the constructive criticism I hurled at the officials from our superbowl party.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves,

Cheers,

Steve

To the victors the spoils, second place just talks about how they lost till next year when they start over. I watched a great majority of that game and feel comfortable saying that Seattle had more than adequate opportunity to create scores, including creating 2 turn overs, and never truely capitalized on the opportunities. It doesn't mean to much except that Pittsburgh was prepared and Seattle was prepared, but Pittsburgh had the desire and Seattle didn't. :)

CBulla:
To the victors the spoils, second place just talks about how they lost till next year when they start over. I watched a great majority of that game and feel comfortable saying that Seattle had more than adequate opportunity to create scores, including creating 2 turn overs, and never truely capitalized on the opportunities. It doesn't mean to much except that Pittsburgh was prepared and Seattle was prepared, but Pittsburgh had the desire and Seattle didn't. :)

Agreed.

Hey, checking that avatar, didn't I see you in the stands? :D

So what was your take on the officiating? The push-off interference on Darrell Jackson, and the Roethlisberger touchdown in particular, since those two alone resulted in a 14 point Seahawk deficit.

I found the call against Hasslebeck for the low tackle especially galling, given that Roethlisberger was declared a hero for a very similar saving tackle in the Steeler's championship game two weeks ago.

I'll readily concede that the Seahawks didn't execute. But I still maintain that the refs influenced, if not decided, the outcome of the game.

What do you think?

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom