Seahawks in the Superbowl!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I think it was on David Letterman.

Yep. ESPN had a special on SB 40 and you can hear him say it on the sideline during the review. Then on Letterman. Oh well.

Sea ya!

Sasquatch:
Even #7 said he didn't make that TD.
Actually, I believe he said I he did not think he was in, understandable near the goal line with guys hitting him.

I watched the game again off the HDD this past Sunday.

The touchdown and the push-off could have easily been called either way. It is rarely a good idea to extend your arm like that right in front of an official.

The holding and the bizarre "block below the waist" call on the interception return are another matter. They were just plain bogus.

However, the officials did not drop any passes. The Seahawks dropped several.

The officials managed the clock just fine. The Seahawks made several blunders.

On any sandlot, this would be a "do-over". The NFL does not work that way, so it is what it is.

Don Burke:
Actually, I believe he said I he did not think he was in, understandable near the goal line with guys hitting him.

I couldn't tell if he was in either. I'll give em that one.

Don Burke:
I watched the game again off the HDD this past Sunday.

I don't need to watch it again. I saw it fine the first time and I'll take those memories to my grave just like you will.

Don Burke:
The touchdown and the push-off could have easily been called either way. It is rarely a good idea to extend your arm like that right in front of an official.

I suppose he could have easily called it an illegal block too. He didn't see a push off because there wasn't one and it was a bad call.

Don Burke:
The holding and the bizarre "block below the waist" call on the interception return are another matter. They were just plain bogus.

NS

Don Burke:
However, the officials did not drop any passes.

No but they sure dropped the ball.

Don Burke:
The Seahawks dropped several.

And they caught a few as well including the one in the end zone that didn't get counted.

Don Burke:
The officials managed the clock just fine.

Their shoes were nice and shiny too.

Don Burke:
The Seahawks made several blunders.

They outplayed the Stealers and the officials took away their win.

Don Burke:
On any sandlot, this would be a "do-over".

Why? Because people like me are whining and complaining? No!! You think this would be a "do-over" because you know just as well as I do the Hawks were robbed.

Don Burke:
The NFL does not work that way, so it is what it is.

And what it is, is a dirty rotten shame.

Honestly Don, in the end it didn't really matter all that much to me who won that game and the fact that they were robbed frankly isn't costing me any sleep either. For sure, I was rootin for the Hawks and it would have been nice to crow a little after we won but hey, like you said, "it is what it is" Shame it had to go like that though, and not just for the Hawks.

Don Burke said

"I don't think I made it..." were his words at the sideline. True.

But on Letterman, with nobody hitting him, he admitted that he hadn't made it.

So maybe his publicity agent was off that week?

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom