Seahawks in the Superbowl!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well my Niners aren't in and they aren't likely to be in a super bowl for many years so I'll pull for the hawks.

It's the least a northwester can do.

I'm definitely for the Seahawks. After what happened to us in Super Bowls X and XIII, I could never root for the Steelers.

of course folks from washington state are excited (or those who lived there or have family there) but my question is ... IS this a superbowl the nation wanted to see. I'm going out on a limb to say this will not be a record setting viewing. seeing a new team there and with a coach of the caliber of holmgren will certainly draw a few ... and folks still feeling the sting of 96 will watch ... but these are certainly not the largest markets in the U.S. Not poking at anyone, just looking at the nationwide perspective ... the question is .... "if you don't automatically clear your schedule to view the Superbowl every year, if football isn't your life, and if you don't already root rain or shine for steelers or seahawks will YOU be watching this bowl?" I won't.

signed 9ers, giants, skins, cowboys, broncos, and dolphins fan.

I live in a Detroit suburb but I am a die hard Dallas fan. There is no way I can ever cheer for the Steelers. Gooooooooo Seahawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish I could get tickets at an affordable price!!!!

Defense wins big games Guy's and Gal's.....

Look's like the Steelers 3-4 Defense will give the Seahawks some problems!

Defense rankings in NFL:

Team Defense Overall vs. Run vs. Pass
Pittsburgh 3-4 4th 3rd 16th
Seattle 4-3 16th 5th 25th

Wow! time to put on the body armor this thread is gonna get wild!

Seahawks v.s. Steelers, this will be another championship game classic.

Oh Yeah.....GO STEELERS!

Cheers all!

alcina:
...unless you live in Australia where we have to get up early on the 6th to watch it :wink:

But at least it isn't the 4am start of the Denver/Pitt game!!

So, how many folks in the US do you figure stay up late to watch the grand final? It is just as entertaining, if not more so that the super bowl.

Time to take cover!!!!!!!

Steeler fan since the days of the immaculate reception.

DiverBuoy:
of course folks from washington state are excited (or those who lived there or have family there) but my question is ... IS this a superbowl the nation wanted to see. I'm going out on a limb to say this will not be a record setting viewing. seeing a new team there and with a coach of the caliber of holmgren will certainly draw a few ... and folks still feeling the sting of 96 will watch ... but these are certainly not the largest markets in the U.S. Not poking at anyone, just looking at the nationwide perspective ... the question is .... "if you don't automatically clear your schedule to view the Superbowl every year, if football isn't your life, and if you don't already root rain or shine for steelers or seahawks will YOU be watching this bowl?" I won't.

Yes, I'm from Seattle. I was at the second home game in 1976 and remained a fan for over 15 years until they just wore me out with their constant buffoonery.

I like the fact that the Steelers are THE Steelers. A champion team hungry for another world championship and they're a solid east coast team.

The Seahawks didn't back into the Superbowl, they played very well against some great teams. I think most fans are going to watch an east vs. west battle with a couple of tough, smashmouth football teams. It's going to be a huge draw!

DiverBuoy:
the question is .... "if you don't automatically clear your schedule to view the Superbowl every year, if football isn't your life, and if you don't already root rain or shine for steelers or seahawks will YOU be watching this bowl?" I won't.

You make a fair point about the Seahawks not being a major market draw, but I think their fan base is growing quickly, throughout the West coast, the Northwest, and even Hawaii.

I'm a bit surprised that someone calling himself a "fan" of so many dynastic organizations would actually plan on missing the super bowl.

Checking the Seahawks record, I noted that they defeated four of the six teams in your signature line. If you're feeling a slight case of sour grapes, you're in good company... I've been a lifelong Cowboys fan, and that 13-10 loss still hurts.

I do love football though, and I'm not going to miss a minute of the game. I live in Seahawk country, after all, and they play excellent football. Their team balance will be a challenge even for the Steelers, a formidable opponent.

Cheers,

Steve

Back
Top Bottom