Sea Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too, by the time I was old enough to be allowed to watch TV Sea Hunt was like in triple rerun. Flipper had a more of an immediate impact on my asking mom to fund my scuba instruction than did Mike. But, still, sorry Flipper, eeek, ek, ek, ek eeeeek, Mike is the MAN.

Me too, by the time I was old enough to be allowed to watch TV Sea Hunt was like in triple rerun. Flipper had a more of an immediate impact on my asking mom to fund my scuba instruction than did Mike. But, still, sorry Flipper, eeek, ek, ek, ek eeeeek, Mike is the MAN.

Same here, but it was worse for me, I looked like Bud.

Same here, but it was worse for me, I looked like Bud.

You poor guy...

norden.jpg

You poor guy...

norden.jpg

That was a good looking kid. Even better, about the time the show came out, my father retired from the Marine Corps and bought a small marina in North Carolina. I started living it, all I needed was a damn dolphin.

Damn dolphins are hard to come by aren't they. But, good news, dogs are better anyways. Remember the episode where the professor or such tried to steal Flipper and sell him to a circus? N

Damn dolphins are hard to come by aren't they. But, good news, dogs are better anyways. Remember the episode where the professor or such tried to steal Flipper and sell him to a circus? N

Afraid that most of the episodes are a bit fuzzy. I ordered the DVD this morning, thanks duckbill. These days, whenever I hear three certain theme songs, huge chills run up my spine and I imediately feel like a kid, Sea Hunt, Flipper, and Combat.

I remember that episode! :D

Bud was fooled into thinking Flipper could talk because the professor was a ventriliquist (spelling?), whatever, he could throw his voice. I was thinking at the time that Bud was not in the gifted class in school. Even though he was not the brightest he had a Boston Whaler and a dolphin, eeeeek, eh, eh, eeeeek, eeeeeek, eeeek. Flipper, Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder, lying down under, under the sea, Flipper, Flipper---blah, blah. N

There's a "Flipper" episode guide at

THE COMPLETE FLIPPER EPISODE GUIDE

The ventriloquist episode seems to be the one entitled "Mr Marvello", 1st Season, 15th episode.

Incidentally, here in the UK we used to have a radio ventriloquist in the 1950s called Peter Brough whose dummy's name was "Archie Andrews". The comedy series "Educating Archie" was extremely popular in its time, despite the audience's inability to see whether the ventriloquist's lips were moving or not! Here's a picture:

archieMS2209a_468x576.jpg

A radio ventriloquist. Now there's an interesting concept.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom