Sea Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm most of the way through the first season of Sea Hunt on DVD. I'm watching an episode called, "The Shipwreck" this evening

Mike announces, " I was foolishly diving alone." :rofl3:

What's funny is that in 90% of the diving scenes previous to this he dives alone. Just before this episode someone must have told him that's generally a bad idea.

He's in 50 feet of water and doesn't realize a storm is going on up above that destroys his boat. He ends up on an inflatable life raft with three others and must endure days without water or food.

He rigs a spear with a fishing rod and his BF knife and they're tossing that thing all over AN INFLATABLE BOAT. Never gets a puncture though.

To my delight, one of the co-stars for this episode was Leonard Nimoy. Ole Spock himself looking very young and very skinny.

So far I've spotted Larry Hagman and Leonard Nimoy. Part of the fun of watching these is that you never know who you'll spot in their fledgling years.

I LOVE watching the old Sea Hunts, between the not-yet-stars to the silly diving situations, it's just pure fun, with a bit of wonder of a whole new world to explore.

To my delight, one of the co-stars for this episode was Leonard Nimoy. Ole Spock himself looking very young and very skinny.

So far I've spotted Larry Hagman and Leonard Nimoy. Part of the fun of watching these is that you never know who you'll spot in their fledgling years.

What is even better, if you watch long enough you will find that Leonard Nimoy appeared on the show several different times, as different characters. It seems that in the 50's TV producers must have assumed nobody was actually paying real close attention.

Now if I can just find my red hat and speedo....

Last night we watched “Vital Error” and “The Dancer” from the 4th season of Sea Hunt.

Good shows.

Added:
I always like how Mike always surfaced right next to his boat…no matter how far he swam or where he went…he always surface next to his boat. Even when someone runs out of air after a big fight and they go straight to the surface or he rescues someone from being trapped on a sunken ship…when they surface his boat is right there. I would like to have a boat like that. :)

The other nice feature of his boat is that one week it was in California and the next week it was in Key West.

Last edited:
yup, that is a good boat!

I watched the show every week as a kid...my usual wednesday after school routine.
I bought the DVD series a month ago, watched a few episodes, dug around in the basement and pulled out my 35 yr old equipment and I'm now looking around for a refresher course!
The hydro on the tank is a year or two past expiry.

I was in Morehead City in May for a fund raiser that Olympus does for the aquarium in Pine Knolls. On the dives, Claude Hull who's research made it possible for George Purifoy to locate the U-352, made his first dives to the wreck about 30 years late. Later at dinner George told us all that if it wasn't for Claude and Mike Nelson, he would not have spent nearly as much money in his life. There are probably a lot of us, who have spent at lot of money, because we grew up watching Sea Hunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom