Scubapro vs Atomic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's also the yoke nut upgrade......
.....check recently sold eBay auctions.
I'd guess around $100.

Cant fault either. I use SP and extremly happy with product, services, parts availability, performance and policies. No issues ever.

I have the Atomic ST1 and it's fine, though I changed out from the comfort swivel to a Miflex hose. My main peeve is the seat saver in the second stage which causes me to be cautious in rinsing and soaking. It's especially an issue when traveling and giving the gear to someone else to take care of.

I have the Atomic ST1 and it's fine, though I changed out from the comfort swivel to a Miflex hose. My main peeve is the seat saver in the second stage which causes me to be cautious in rinsing and soaking. It's especially an issue when traveling and giving the gear to someone else to take care of.

Soaking regulators pressurized has been my practice of decades — connected to a tank placed valve-down in a deep sink.

Scubapro vs Atomic = Atomic wins
The Troll Wins!

Or does he.

We have been both an Atomic dealer & a Scubapro dealer.
We dropped Atomic after lack of support, service and integrity from our Atomic sales rep. Then after catching our Atomic sales rep. selling Atomic regs. to our customers, we were all done.

We are now a Scubapro Platinum dealer = Scubaboard members win!

Last year we looked at bring Atomic back ( new sales rep. ). But the recall on their dive computer turned us off!

The Troll Wins!

Or does he.

We dropped Atomic after lack of support, service and integrity from our Atomic sales rep. Then after catching our Atomic sales rep. selling Atomic regs. to our customers, we were all done.

Last year we looked at bring Atomic back ( new sales rep. ). But the recall on their dive computer turned us off!
Yeah, whatever.

Never a wasted opportunity to pitch a sale.:shakehead:

Well at least he is consistent.

---------- Post added October 15th, 2013 at 12:14 AM ----------

How much can I get for my 1998 MK20?

The range is about $75 to $ 125, depending on condition and age.

---------- Post added October 15th, 2013 at 12:41 AM ----------

Scubapro vs Atomic = Atomic wins

I think you are letting your bias show through. First, Scubapro's policies do not differ all that much from other main stream vendors. Just because a dealer sells Atomic parts does not mean that Atomic condones the process. You can also find Apeks, Scubapro, and Hollis parts online also. I may be wrong but I think Apeks still has a parts for life program. If you want unrestricted parts purchasing then Hog, Dive Rite, or Zeagle are your choices.

IMHO Atomic using the same design but different materials is foolish, unless the more expensive materials provide better performance. From all reports it doesn't, people say all their regulators breath the same. If this is true then why pay more? Even a low-end plastic regulator can last 20-30 years or more, so any extra longevity to me is irrelevant.

If I were to start over I would probably go with either Hog or Dive Rite. From all reports, their products are just as good as the bigger players and there is no hassle over parts.

As in any business there are good and bad actors. Unfortunately in the Dive Business there are probably more bad actors than good. They probably act that way out of either desperation or ignorance. Yes you were turd-bombed by a dive shop as most of us have been in the past, but it was the dive store that did it not Scubapro. Did you call Scubapro after the incident to complain about the actions of the dive shop? How are they supposed to react to bad dealers if they don't know?

The Troll Wins!

Or does he.

Yeah, I'm sure the polished Galileo turds SP is still hawking are better computers with lower failure rates. :rofl3:

Of note is the fact that Atomic wasn't the best for you, the margin-skimming middleman. As a diver, that just breaks my little heart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom