Scubapro Mk2+ Vs Evo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's how I started! Mk10, D300 and an Air 2.
And I wore a SP Go on my whole first trip to Bonaire (but an older design - still small).

But I've gotta tell you, if you're thinking of an Air 2, this new DGX BCI Backup Regulator is something else! I'm writing the manual for it now, and it's so compact, very easy to tune and with a huge exhaust valve and a better connector than Scubapro! Frankly easier to work on than the Air2 and half the size. And it tunes a lot lighter.
The connector is the Mares design that stays locked back and closed when the Reg/bcd is disconnected. So reassembly under pressure is a piece of cake.

Still trying to figure out what vintage/revision my Mk2s are. Any idea of the serial number ranges?
Referencing an older thread asking about SP first stage serial numbers.
Serial #19295121 means " Your regulator was produced on the 192nd day of 1995 and it was the 121 regulator in that particular production run."

Referencing an older thread asking about SP first stage serial numbers.
Serial #19295121 means " Your regulator was produced on the 192nd day of 1995 and it was the 121 regulator in that particular production run."
That doesn't seem to work when my Mk2 serial number is 6050507539. 605th day of 2005?

I figured it was worth a shot...
Perhaps someone could at least ballpark the production date if a photo is provided?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom