Scubapro Mk2+ Vs Evo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, well, I like the Mark 2 Evo and the replaceable orifice alone might sway me. I guess I did not realize that.

James

I don't mind SP fanbois. Scubapro engineers some great stuff.
But please do share the schematic showing a Mk17 rounded DIAPHRAGM orifice in a downstream PISTON reg that has had a knife edge volcano for over forty years. My Mk2EVO schematic looks a little different, tho' it is dated 2014.
Mk2EVOschematicbit.jpg

I don't mean to be snarky. But one of your bold claims just surprises me.

Wow, well, I like the Mark 2 Evo and the replaceable orifice alone might sway me. I guess I did not realize that
It's just what I read, I don't service my own regs so I can do club dives. I just know there's like 2 different versions & the newest one is supposed to be a real BEAST. For a regular user like me, I don't have the means to source maintenance parts, shims & springs; so, it's actually easier for me to just send in to the shop for servicing & get the O.K for club level dives.

My understanding is, there's 2 EVOs, one has white lettering & the new one blue lettering.

I think there's an orfice change but someone else might help clarify. - Cheers

All your ease of breathing and performance will be in a high quality second stage. As long as the first stage provides it’s 135 IP +- the second stage doesn’t care what’s feeding it, and it also doesn’t care that with unbalanced firsts the IP gradually goes down as tank pressure drops, they can easily compensate for that too. Besides, nobody should still be deep enough to start having any reg start to breathe hard. You should be paying attention to your air supply and finishing your dive by that point anyway.
Freeze up with a flow by piston is another big overblown bunch of hooey. What are we talking about 35 degree water? 40 degree water? I dive an older MK2 in water down to 46 no problem, and it never will be a problem. Nothing but scare tactics!
Get a MK 2 and an older G250 or G200B and a R095 or 195 or even a G200 for an octo and go diving.
Or if you want a new Evo plus with the latest greatest balanced second then fine.
Dan Volker took a MK2 down to 300’ and it worked great. A buddy of mine used to take an old MK3/108 down to 200’ in FL shooting big fish and it worked great.

Those regs will be some of the last regs still standing when the big horrible scuba apocalypse descends upon the Earth and destroys us all causing the oceans to boil and the sky to turn red.
In 10,000 years when a new civilization re-establishes the earth they will find a MK 2 buried in the sand somewhere on a beach and it will still work.

All your ease of breathing and performance will be in a high quality second stage.
Get a MK 2 and an older G250 or G200B and a R095 or 195 or even a G200 for an octo and go diving.

In 10,000 years when a new civilization re-establishes the earth they will find a MK 2 buried in the sand somewhere on a beach and it will still work.
My R190 is insulted :( :

N

Off topic:
I have a R190 for sale on ebay, I will remove it from evilbay, I feel guilty.
Selling an old friend.

Edit: Saved [also saved the MK21 and R195 it was with].

It's just what I read, I don't service my own regs so I can do club dives. I just know there's like 2 different versions & the newest one is supposed to be a real BEAST. For a regular user like me, I don't have the means to source maintenance parts, shims & springs; so, it's actually easier for me to just send in to the shop for servicing & get the O.K for club level dives.

My understanding is, there's 2 EVOs, one has white lettering & the new one blue lettering.

I think there's an orfice change but someone else might help clarify. - Cheers
Help me understand, you belong to a dive club that mandates that your regs be serviced by a shop only for “club level” dives? What does that mean?
I fail to see how that’s any of their business who services your regs. Is the dive club through a particular shop?

But let us not forget the new kid's cylinder bore is a whopping 0.062" larger than the original 🙃
And there is that new yoke screw knob too.

I am happy to see a replaceable hard seat though.

But let us not forget the new kid's cylinder bore is a whopping 0.062" larger than the original 🙃
And there is that new yoke screw knob too.

I am happy to see a replaceable hard seat though.

The new knob is to di(v)e for :wink:.

You guys with your old busted down antique knobs. What is up with that, it is life support equipment you know after all!

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom