Scubapro Mk2+ Vs Evo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IDA. You are still implying that the MK2 works just as good, as the MK2 EVO & mocking, I wasn't born yesterday, don't turn it around. Well, it still doesn't & those times passed 60 yr ago, like education. They are NOT the same & I've heard it all before. That knob is better than the old one & increases U/W VIS, 3x better than the metal one. It isn't even my point but to expand on, what you take light & mock, the yoke can be grabbed, with nails & fingers, less slip & uses different material. You would know, that the metal knob alone freezes then & can't be re-incorporated today. Actually, the Navy prohibits 1/2 of the equipment but I'm not telling you why.
The old T-knob is vulnerable to entanglements, meaning, the new EVO will have saved someone's life yesterday, today, tomorrow or eventually. I've seen it, at 100 ft, lines getting stuck on the T-knob & divers struggling to get out of that junk reg, that you say is the same, instead of smoothly going over it altogether. There are bad advices & practices, you don't want to promote, to students

That spring has double the coating & different material as well, compared to NONE (Z-E-R-O). The EVO will last 40 min, your entire dive, instead of freezing in 10 min & can supply gas for 2 divers to meet current regulations.

Because hearsay isn't enough to dive with us. You would still need certified & documented maintenance services. Obviously, you aren't an instructor & don't have students, there are liability issues & diver oaths. What kind of equipment safety protocols are you following & teaching then, Jesus? No certified diver is supposed to teach self-maintenance for regs & everyone knows it. No sensible tech diver will dive with a buddy using a T-knob, after, what I've seen, in the pitch black.

There are big differences

BAD ADVICE, DO NOT BUY AN OLD ONE & JUST DIVE WITH IT, AS BEING THE SAME - No Thank You

Retired Navy
Knobs are for newbs! For Major Bullroids go DIN!!! 😉

duplicate

My R190 is insulted :( :
R190 = AIR2 minus the inflator/deflator...so there.

R190 = AIR2 minus the inflator/deflator...so there.

Well, maybe you can 'splain that to me Saturday?

Since I have forsaken dh regs (due to DHIP) and moved into the uncharted waters of sh regs then an Air II might just be in my future. And I was looking at a Scubapro Go BC thinking just how snug as a bug I would be in that little thing compared to all the plates and bands and screws and gizmos involved in a wing/BP. And it even has a pocket or two! Wow, imagine that, a pocket! An Air II would be just lovely with the Go BC and a G250. I am into simple and the Mark II is simple (and so is the R190). I know where a new Mark II Evo is and just think with a G250 and Air II and a Go BC I could be in non-Hog heaven reducing the total parts count of my kit significantly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom