Scubapro Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was never very good at racing bikes and I mainly did time trials, I liked the fitness. After spending years running track and cross country in school I liked getting to go out and see more on a road bike.

My club used hookers as a loose forward in terms of supporting play. I am not a small guy at 5'4" and a fit 170lbs. So you were a wing forward and I played for a club as hooker with an expectation to be there with you to support. We didn't put 15 on the field and play 10 man rugby.

I competed in track and cross country in high school at the provincial or state level, I raced on bikes for fun and played for provincial champion senior mens rugby.

100% user error

Jet fins really kick up the bottom worse than if I did the worm on ground, no wonder you need to frog kick. With my twin jet max splits I can flutter kick very nice an inch above deck and leave only bubbles, but two feet over the deck you can still see where I was with Jets.

wtf comparing about strength...

if u like it use it.. if u dun like it.. dun use it..

fact that the jetfin has been around long then a lot of other fins ( and in some cases, people) has prove its point...

if u can use it well.. good. if you cant.. find another fin.

So when it works entirely with a different fin and doesn't with another its the diver fault?

Do you really want this agruement Doc? If so, I look forward to your proof.

I use both the ScubaPro Jets and the Twin jet Max fins. Both styles work very well in currents, frog, helicopter and back finning with a slighter edge to the Jets. The Twin Jet Max I find feels a bit easier on the legs and knees though. Thant's my rant and I'm sticking to it!

I think the point is that you may need to change your technique to get the best out of different fins... using the same technique with a new fin isn't necessarily going to deliver the best result

I think you are right Tortuga, I have been using these fins now for a few weeks and am noticing a difference. I can better understand why someone that has really only used one fin style would have a negative view of a different fin style from limited use.

I wonder what a Scubapro Jet Fin would be like if they had drainage holes in the fore foot and extended a stiff foot base to about the heel? Like newer fins do.

Belce:
I wonder what a Scubapro Jet Fin would be like if they had drainage holes in the fore foot and extended a stiff foot base to about the heel? Like newer fins do.

Assuming you own the fins, drill some holes and nail (not literally nail) a piece of plywood (not literally plywood) to the bottom and find out.

I know what those modifications would do for me.

They would cause me to lose the water in the fin pockets I use to rinse sand off my boots after walking across the beach on my return to my car and they would make it difficult to take off my fins and slip them over my wrists.

Thanks for the comment Walter

1st, I own the gear I dive with. A common convenience with fins since the 60's is drainage so you don't have to fight against a vaccuum to remove. Another design innovation is extending the bottom of the fin to improve force transfer and it really works. I use a dog collar to hold my fins with a bolt snap to my harness, it is both close and doesn't drag on the ground and I have both hands free as I normally don't have the option of a sand beach to walk out on or in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom