Scubapro Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter,

I do the same thing that you do. Those two pockets of water the jets fins hold come in handy for a boot rinse.
I've never notice a vacuum effect when removing the fins, but jet pockets are sort of rectangular shaped. Since the boot tops are rounded, there's no real vacuum.

I guess a tighter fitting foot pocket, would need the drain holes. I never really thought about that reason before, I sort of figured the holes were a feature of the injection molding process or something.

-Mitch

You're welcome Belce. I suspected you did own all of your gear, but one never knows before asking. I do understand the concepts of why holes are in the foot pockets of some fins and why some fins have extended soles. In my opinion, Jets are perfect as they are,they need no changes. If you are interested in seeing if they will work better for you with those modifications, it should be fairly easy to modify them to see. I do not have a problem with the vacuum, but I have seen it with one pair of boots I used years ago. They were really too big for the fins. With my fins over my wrist, my hands are still free. It works much better and faster for me than clipping them to a dog collar, especially in rough water when I have to climb a ladder to board a boat. I also don't have to carry around a dog collar, but what ever works for you, works for you. Make the modifications and tell us what you think. I'd be interested in hearing how it works.

From the beginning I have been honest about my experience, first time using after hundreds of dives with split fins and it was unique. After some time and adaption I think I may prefer jets.

From the beginning I have been honest about my experience, first time using after hundreds of dives with split fins and it was unique. After some time and adaption I think I may prefer jets.

If I have to travel light, I'll carry my prescription mask and jet fins.

Then I'll rent everything else.

Yeah. Jet fins are that important.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom