Scubapro Heart Rate Monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's part of the workload feature in the scubapro G2 algorithm. I just wanted it to work since it's supposed to although it's use is optional I like knowing my heart rate just as a have the data when I run..etc. it will tell me calories burned during a dive.
So this Scubapro HRM is only to track your workload effort while diving? I'm not a personal trainer but I think calories burned is a moving target as it all has a lot to do with personal body composition, fitness level, etc. Someone who is 200lbs of pure muscle will ultimately have the metabolic advantage of burning more calories compared to someone who is 200lbs of normal body comp. The calories burned on these devices may just be a general scale/algorithm the device uses.

I've just tested my 3rd HRM belt and I still have the same issue!
59 dives with only 3 dives recording HR for the whole dive!
375 with my Galileo Sol and 375 dives with HR recorded correctly!
Scubapro feedback says it's definitely a positioning problem of the belt or interference from the boat engine or radio interference?? But for some reason was never an issue with my Sol???
I asked for a refund if they won't take any action on this. Human Factors Diving????

I used the replacement 6 more times with a 3mm wetsuit and it actually worked. It dropped off a couple of times when I had my arm extended forward for a long period of time but regained the signal when I was holding my hands together in front on myself.

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 1.34.42 PM.png

I'm having the same problem... it works fine at the start and end of the dive. Scubapro support said I should replace the battery, which I did, but I am getting the same results - heart rate data at the beginning of the dive and heartrate information a the end, but nothing in between. Same for workload information.

To those who were able to get new HRM monitors... how did you escalate this?

upload_2018-6-5_16-57-17.png

I know contact is not the problem because when I saw no reading on my G2 I pressed the transmitter against my chest and it made no difference. Also the gel will get washed away under water.

I was thinking drysuit. In a wetsuit, saltwater will work quite well...

I have the same problem - started after maybe 10 dives. I wore my wifes monitor in Cozumel and it dropped a few dives but generally worked.....

I seemed to have solved my HR monitor problem by replacing the battery, but I had replaced the battery not that long ago, so either the battery was bad or the belt drains the battery very fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom