Scubapro Heart Rate Monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TommyBlackdog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey, any one out there having issues with the Scubapro Heart Rate monitor?
The new heart rate monitor I got with my G2 goes into a flat line at about 78-80BPM a few minutes into each dive then starts up again a few minutes from the end of the dive. I checked it with my Mantis today and the same thing happened.
The HRM is the new one with the changeable battery which I have changed and there's no change.
I'd upload screen shots from logtrak but I can't seem to see how to do that. I'm a newbie to this forum.

I used the original HRM with my Galileo and there was never the same issue. If there was a loss of signal it would just not record any data for that period. The new one seems to lock in a value and stay there for the duration of the dive.

Like Hatul mentioned, be sure and check the tightness of the monitor. I was having something similar happening and eventually just tried replacing the battery which fixed things right up. I know it shouldn't need a new battery yet, but who know how long they've been installed during production/etc.

Like Hatul mentioned, be sure and check the tightness of the monitor. I was having something similar happening and eventually just tried replacing the battery which fixed things right up. I know it shouldn't need a new battery yet, but who know how long they've been installed during production/etc.
Hi, tried the battery already but still same problem. I'll try tightening it up and see what happens. Scubapro have offered me a new HRM as well. Cheers for the input.

Hi, tried the battery already but still same problem. I'll try tightening it up and see what happens. Scubapro have offered me a new HRM as well. Cheers for the input.

Did you ever get a fix? I have the same problem.

Did you ever get a fix? I have the same problem.
I received a new heart rate monitor from Scubapro however I still have the problem.
It works at the beginning and end of the dive but flatlines in the middle. I've attached a screen shot from LogTrack for info.
I have tightened it as tight as it will go & I have tried different locations on my chest without any luck.
I'll put a new battery in this HRM and see how I go.

The HRM with my original Galileo never gave me any such problems over more than 350 dives.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 13.39.50.pdf
    626 KB · Views: 414
Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 12.39.56 PM.png
I received a new heart rate monitor from Scubapro however I still have the problem.
It works at the beginning and end of the dive but flatlines in the middle. I've attached a screen shot from LogTrack for info.
I have tightened it as tight as it will go & I have tried different locations on my chest without any luck.
I'll put a new battery in this HRM and see how I go.

The HRM with my original Galileo never gave me any such problems over more than 350 dives.

Mine would do the same thing....I just got a replacement from Scubapro and I'm going to try it out on the 11th. I was using mine with a rash guard...so it was definitely wet and I wore it very tight.

Have you updated to the 1.2 software? I have as well...and that didn't seem to make a diff.

From my research most heart rate monitors don't work in water other then Polars operating in the 5 Khz range since the medium of water stops the signal.

I'm not sure what freq these new ones operate at for the G2.

Last edited:
Can I ask you if you're using a wetsuit or drysuit?
I'm using a 5mm wetsuit with a Sharkskin (like lavacore) vest underneath.
Surprisingly, I have done 2 dives in my drysuit and the HRM worked perfectly!!!!!

I'm using a 5mm wetsuit with a Sharkskin (like lavacore) vest underneath.
Surprisingly, I have done 2 dives in my drysuit and the HRM worked perfectly!!!!!

So do you think that replacing the battery in the new HRM did the trick? Possible old battery in the new HRM?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom