Scubapro Go-Sport vs Go-Sport Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Much thanks to everyone, very useful thread and great dialogue.

I read through all the posts and headed to the scuba shop yesterday to test out the Go Sport Gorilla fins in the pool. I also tested the Scubapro Seawing Nova fins. The Gorillas felt great; I could backfin in them quite easily. Kicking in the Gorillas felt nice and light whereas with the Jets feels like doing weight training in the gym. The Seawing Novas I did not like at all: felt too floppy and I could not backfin in them. The Gorillas won, and I purchased a set in orange.

I wanted a lighter set of fins to replace my Jets for travel purposes, and the dry weight of the Gorillas in size medium: 3.4 lbs. My Jets weigh 6.7 lbs. Overall, the Gorillas will do what I need albeit they are a bit less responsive than my Jets, but the lighter weight is a good trade-off. I will be using the Gorillas in Cozumel last week of November through mid-December.

Much thanks to everyone, very useful thread and great dialogue.

I read through all the posts and headed to the scuba shop yesterday to test out the Go Sport Gorilla fins in the pool. I also tested the Scubapro Seawing Nova fins. The Gorillas felt great; I could backfin in them quite easily. Kicking in the Gorillas felt nice and light whereas with the Jets feels like doing weight training in the gym. The Seawing Novas I did not like at all: felt too floppy and I could not backfin in them. The Gorillas won, and I purchased a set in orange.

I wanted a lighter set of fins to replace my Jets for travel purposes, and the dry weight of the Gorillas in size medium: 3.4 lbs. My Jets weigh 6.7 lbs. Overall, the Gorillas will do what I need albeit they are a bit less responsive than my Jets, but the lighter weight is a good trade-off. I will be using the Gorillas in Cozumel last week of November through mid-December.
You tried the wrong seawings, the supernova is the one you should have tried but the GoSports are pretty nice.

I have owned both the Go-Sport and the Go-Sport Gorilla
I have both, the Gorilla fins I use local diving [orange, hard to miss] and the other are my travel fins, I take 3 fins, no, I am not an tripod, on one resort trip I lost a fin [long story, I will not bore you] and had to borrow a set , floppy things they were, only just did the job, ever since I travel with 3 Go Sport fins, 2 blue and 1 black, and mix and match, because I can.

My bad. I referenced the incorrect Seawing fins. I tried the Supernovas because the ones I tried had the detachable blades.

You didn't like the SUPER Novas?? You are weird.

:p

You didn't like the SUPER Novas?? You are weird.

:p
I am weird too because I do not like them either. I find them difficult to backup with. And if I cannot backup with them I have no use for them. But I may try another pair someday and give them a more fair shake. It may be the length and I just need to change my timing on the back kick.

But I :heart:LOVE:heart: the Go-Sport Gorilla fins. Just saying.

I am weird too because I do not like them either. I find them difficult to backup with. And if I cannot backup with them I have no use for them. But I may try another pair someday and give them a more fair shake. It may be the length and I just need to change my timing on the back kick.

But I :heart:LOVE:heart: the Go-Sport Gorilla fins. Just saying.

I have all 5; jet fins, go sport, GS gorilla, supernova and stek. I still haven't really used the stek but I keep going between the gorilla and the SN. I even dive with one on one foot and the other on the other foot. SN are superior especially for long distance swims like I usually do from shore. UW, the gorilla, or GS, are better when swimming through coral heads because they are shorter than the SN. Other than that, the SN rocks. No issues with any type of fin kick using the SN for me.

(I am like the Consumer Report for these fins)

Not specific to this conversation but as I go places to dive over many years, local places or wherever, 96% of divers flutter kick. They and the manufacturers who keep designing fins that are optimized sometimes ONLY for flutter kicking (split fins for example) I am just amazed they apparently do not read Scubaboard where exactly 96% of members frog kick ONLY :stirpot:. And you know, for decades I just flutter kicked and hand swam along flapping my arms like a bird oblivious to the blinding light of frog kicking and arm crossing, I feel my scuba life has been wasted :shakehead:.

Imagine what fins would look like if they were designed specifically for the frog kick as the primary kick. What would they look like?
And on a serious note, I been frog kicking since I was a mere tadpole, I was being facetious :flowers:.

I am tempted to get the Atomic split fins. SP has a new model of their split fins too. Too bad I only have two legs/feet.

If I do get the Atomic split fins, it is going to be in a hot color if they have one in my size :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom