Scubapro Go-Sport vs Go-Sport Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone confirm the weight of the gorilla sport, the Scubapro website lists the large size at 3.76kg which is about twice the weight of basic sport version?
If you go back to the very first post you will have the answer, your number is right but it’s in pounds not kilograms.

Can anyone confirm the weight of the gorilla sport, the Scubapro website lists the large size at 3.76kg which is about twice the weight of basic sport version?

I have owned both the Go-Sport and the Go-Sport Gorilla and the weights are essentially the same. I get 3.4+ pounds for the Go-Sport and 3.6- pounds for the Go-Sport Gorilla and both in size Large. In other words, the weight is very close. They must use the same mold but use a slightly stiffer compound in the toe to blade transition because I cannot tell the two versions apart and nothing on them says Gorilla save for the box. Ref. Post #1.

Metric, shmetric, at least I am not using Stones. Okay, okay, then 0.257 stone for a pair of GSG :stirpot:.

True, the box does not have the “Gorilla” branding … that’s because it’s all about how donning the fins is supposed to make you feel… you won’t need to look at the box once you look in the mirror …
IMG_8130.jpeg

I have owned both the Go-Sport and the Go-Sport Gorilla and the weights are essentially the same. I get 3.4+ pounds for the Go-Sport and 3.6- pounds for the Go-Sport Gorilla and both in size Large. In other words, the weight is very close. They must use the same mold but use a slightly stiffer compound in the toe to blade transition because I cannot tell the two versions apart and nothing on them says Gorilla save for the box. Ref. Post #1.

Metric, shmetric, at least I am not using Stones. Okay, okay, then 0.257 stone for a pair of GSG :stirpot:.
Thanks, much appreciated, l wanted to check because the the Scubapro website weights are so different

They aren't supposed to be used without boots, they are supposed to be used with boots on. I can't imagine using them without boots.
Scuba pro sells 3-mil soft-soled booties, called “socks,” for the Go line. I use them over Lycra socks and they work fine, unless a ladder has round rungs.

The “scientist” in me thinks that a firmer or hard sole with a snug fit will help energy and force transfer to the fins from the foot better than soft soles … anyone disagree? :letsparty:

Scuba pro sells 3-mil soft-soled booties, called “socks,” for the Go line. I use them over Lycra socks and they work fine, unless a ladder has round rungs.

Do you mean for the Go Travel or Go Sport?

Do you mean for the Go Travel or Go Sport?
They refer to Travel, but list them as Sport “accessories.” Since switching to the Gorillas, I’ve only had one trip, but there was current, and I mostly wore the booties as described. Heading out tomorrow and I’m taking both, so I’ll have a clearer picture by mid-November. Curious, I can’t remember the last time I saw a dive guide not wearing full-foot fins, even with the rocky shores of Tulamben.

Yes, the Go Travel can be worn barefoot or with the socks. On the other hand, the Go Sport are supposed to be used with regular boots not socks/barefoot.

The “scientist” in me thinks that a firmer or hard sole with a snug fit will help energy and force transfer to the fins from the foot better than soft soles … anyone disagree? :letsparty:
It depends I suppose on the fin. The Go-Sport has a foot pocket that extends well out under the heel unlike it's great grand daddy the Jet Fin that leaves your entire foot hanging out the back. Soft sole booties (3mm to 5mm depending on your sizing) are fine in the Go-Sport.

Back
Top Bottom