Scubapro Galileo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beaver is a lucky guy to be able to do all those dives. I only have one dive on my G2 and overall I'm happy with it. I'm using it with Diving Log 6 as the LogTrak software provided by Scubapro sucks-- it's really only useful for changing the settings on the G2.

I also wish the G2 had a simulator function like my old Suunto Vyper had. And that Scubapro had someone to answer questions on this forum.

Just got my G2. I only have 5 dives on it. So far I am very happy with it. I haven't used the heart monitor yet. Do you use it? I agree LogTRAK seems primitive but I am not that familiar with Diving log 6.

I've used the chest strap every since I got the Galileo Sol a few years ago and I do find it useful. I use a heart rate monitor when I exercise so why not when scuba dive. It's interesting to review on the desktop after the dive and during the dive it has some use as biofeedback to calm down. I also use the workload function to alter the algorithm, but there was one report from a user that the monitor was double counting his heart rate and his Sol locked out. I've never had that. You do have to make sure the strap is tight on your chest or you can get erratic readings .

And up goes the price!

Just returned from diving the Oriskany, I was using the G2, Galileo Sol and M2. The no stop times were the same or within a minute of each other. The G2 was not more conservative. None of the dives were Deco dives.

While diving in Cocos Island a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the no fly times & total desat. times were much lower for the G2. I did over 20 dives in Cocos doing 3 to 4 dives a day.

I now have 45 dives, 30 hours, deepest dive 140' on my G2. It has been in Florida caverns,deep wrecks, warm springs, high mountain lakes and extreme ocean dives.

If anyone has any questions concerning the G2, send me a private message.
Isn't no fly a 24 hour countdown?

Hello.
Can anyone explain - Sol have Buddy feature, so i can monitoring my buddy's tank with separate transmitter.
In G2 manual only says T1, T2 etc.
Does it has separate Buddy tank for pairing and check?

It can monitor up to 9 tanks. I am not familiar with the Sol's "buddy feature" so I don't know if that is different.

Isn't no fly a 24 hour countdown?
No, it is a function of nitrogen loading. The more N2, then the longer the No- Fly time.

Here's a quote from the G2 manual:

1 .5 No-Fly time The no-fly time (NO FLY) is the time during which an exposure to the reduced pressure (equal to ascending at higher altitudes) inside the cabin of an airplane could cause decompression sickness, as calculated by the decompression model in the computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom