Scubapro Galileo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure there's no need to worry about slow tissues on no-stop dives. As long as you don't do 4 tanks/day for 10 days straight.

In short, stopping at the "deep stop" means you are off-gassing in fast compartments, but you are still on-gassing in slow compartments at that depth. The net result is surfacing with more inert gas tissue loading in your slow compartments. That makes your profile less safe.

It is important to notice an assumption of these "deep stops are at least not as good as we thought" discussions: When comparing schedules with and without deep stops, you do that while keeping the total runtime fixed (as everybody agrees that longer deco very much tends to be better). But this is not necessarily what the dive computers do: There, you could have (I don't make claims about specific models though) that by adding deep stops you also increase the total dive time and thus the studies you and the video mention do not immediately tell you that's a bad idea. There is always a tradeoff between safety and runtime and that needs to be taken into account.

We did four more successful dives using our G2's in our high mountain lakes doing " Extreme Diving ":yeahbaby: .

Headed to Cocos Island, Costa Rica to dive the G2 in really extreme conditions:rain:.

We did four more successful dives using our G2's in our high mountain lakes doing " Extreme Diving ":yeahbaby: .

Headed to Cocos Island, Costa Rica to dive the G2 in really extreme conditions:rain:.

Phew. What a relief to know that the G2 survived 4 dives. Be sure to update us how many more dives the G2 survives....:clapping:

Phew. What a relief to know that the G2 survived 4 dives. Be sure to update us how many more dives the G2 survives....:clapping:
I will let you know how the G2 enjoys the salt water:wink:. I wonder if all the sharks will like the new color screen:daydream:?

I will let you know how the G2 enjoys the salt water:wink:. I wonder if all the sharks will like the new color screen:daydream:?
Will you be diving it side by side with a Galileo so that you can let us know how the two decompression algorithms compare?

It is important to notice an assumption of these "deep stops are at least not as good as we thought" discussions: When comparing schedules with and without deep stops, you do that while keeping the total runtime fixed (as everybody agrees that longer deco very much tends to be better). But this is not necessarily what the dive computers do

It is also not necessarily how no-stop recreational dives go: someplace like Bonaire you can breathe down your tank at SS depth and who knows how your computer will calculate gas (un?-) loading during that time.

Plus I'm not sure how "overpressure in fast tissues not so harmful" within a single limited-time study translates to long-term exposure...

Will you be diving it side by side with a Galileo so that you can let us know how the two decompression algorithms compare?

Yes, that information will be critical in my decision about whether to upgrade!

Does anyone have an idea what's included in the 1.2 firmware update?

Yes, that information will be critical in my decision about whether to upgrade!
Just returned from diving the Oriskany, I was using the G2, Galileo Sol and M2. The no stop times were the same or within a minute of each other. The G2 was not more conservative. None of the dives were Deco dives.

While diving in Cocos Island a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the no fly times & total desat. times were much lower for the G2. I did over 20 dives in Cocos doing 3 to 4 dives a day.

I now have 45 dives, 30 hours, deepest dive 140' on my G2. It has been in Florida caverns,deep wrecks, warm springs, high mountain lakes and extreme ocean dives.

If anyone has any questions concerning the G2, send me a private message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom