Scubapro Galileo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that an issue with ScubaPro AI? In my 3 years with Oceanic and now Shearwater computers that use the same transmitter (as each other, not the same as what SP uses), I have never had an issue with that.
I've had the Galileo Sol for over 4 years and the earlier version of the transmitter that used the button type battery had this problem.The newer transmitter with the bigger cylindrical battery solved this problem, in my experience .

My new G2 suffered a total failure at the end of my 4th dive in St Croix.

Apparently it had water intrusion ( see the water bubbles and they were still there when I removed the screen protector and those bubbles are inside the actual screen.

Scubapro actually took really good care of me...they reached out to their local rep(Fraser) who was able to swap mine out for a new one at a local dive shop (st croix ultimate blue water adventures ) by their owner Ed. That's great customer service and that made sure that my trip wasn't impacted at all.

Hopefully this was a one time fluke and a manufacturer defect as these things do happen from time to time.

Last edited:
Oh sorry about that. Hope it is a fluke event. I have used mine for 12 dives so far with no problems. I really like it. The battery has a really long life. I charged it after 4 dives just to safe. I have done 8 more dives and the battery is still at full.

Oh sorry about that. Hope it is a fluke event. I have used mine for 12 dives so far with no problems. I really like it. The battery has a really long life. I charged it after 4 dives just to safe. I have done 8 more dives and the battery is still at full.

I liked it during the dives I did and the battery was great.

My new G2 suffered a total failure at the end of my 4th dive in St Croix.

Apparently it had water intrusion ( see the water bubbles and they were still there when I removed the screen protector and those bubbles are inside the actual screen.

Scubapro actually took really good care of me...they reached out to their local rep(Fraser) who was able to swap mine out for a new one at a local dive shop (st croix ultimate blue water adventures ) by their owner Ed. That's great customer service and that made sure that my trip wasn't impacted at all.

Hopefully this was a one time fluke and a manufacturer defect as these things do happen from time to time.
That's good news and advantage to Scubapro gear.

Anyone used the light screen configuration and the safety stop timer didn't show and the screen brightness keeps dimming underwater even you already changed the setting to light adjustment on the menu?

Any idea of the depth this happened?

Cheers,
Peter

Max depth of all 4 dives was 113 feet. It actually went into the service mode as i was exiting the water on a shore dive.

I liked the G2, did many dives with it and loved it. There is one thing that I don't liked the screen mirrors sometimes when you are in bright conditions. Also the HRM Band isn't really a necessary and don't worked that good. See here the review from 50ft Below, the loved it to: Scubapro G2 Dive Computer Review

Last edited:
I liked the G2, did many dives with it and loved it. There is one thing that I don't liked the screen mirrors sometimes when you are in bright conditions. Also the HRM Band isn't really a necessary and don't worked that good. See here the review from 50ft Below, the loved it to: Scubapro G2 Dive Computer Review
I have my display cranked up to level 8/10 as battery life is not an issue. Also I found the blue display reads better than the default green.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom