Scubapro G250 can't be serviced??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First one yes, second pic looks like an aftermarket from VDH.

SP had white balance chambers at one time. In fact, the balance chambers that VDH sells are new old stock from that period. While I prefer the newer longer balance chambers there is nothing wrong with the older style (black or white) as long as they pass the bounce test. There is no reason to believe the OP cannot upgrade his G250 simply by replacing the old poppet assembly with the new S-wing poppet assembly.

Upgrading the G200 is similar. Just replace the old poppet assembly with the new Duro poppet assembly or an aftermarket poppet that can be found here: Store | Vintage Double Hose

In both stages, retain the lever, spring, spring pad or balance chamber.

Also don’t forget about the lever update.

There are S-wing poppets with just one or with two O-rings.

See here:

The second one is matched with a new model of the balance chamber (I think it was released with the G250V) and requires the new lever with curly feet.

Here you see the two different balance chambers, and again the newer S-poppet with double O-ring, which should be used with the longer, finned balance chamber (the left one):

Most of my 109 use the single-O-ring S-poppet and have the traditional short balance chamber. Only one of them (I have a total of six 109, one 129 and one 156) has the double O-ring, the finned balance chamber and the curly-feet lever. Another one is still using the previous three-parts poppet with the stainless-steel rivet, albeit I plan to upgrade it quite soon, as it is now service time for it!

Angelo Farina

FIPS/CMAS Instructor (3 stars)

Marine scientist (underwater acoustics)

Do you know why SP increased the length on the BC barrel?

I’ve never asked nor heard anyone else ask why. What I have noticed is, the older shorter balance chamber leaves the inside o-ring exposed, whereas the longer balance chamber is more suited to protect the o-rings.

Likely due to the length of travel of the adjustment knob in a later regulator.

I doubt it matters a bit in a 250

The small black is a one piece. The small white is a two piece. It has a collar that allows the spring to rotate independent of the balance chamber.

Wouldn’t one of those complete G260 service kits, with the poppet, work in the G250? Left over parts aside.

Yes, they don't contain flow vane C clip, can't remember if they contain flow vane O ring, think they do but I usually give them both too if know the person is buying the kit for a G250 conversion.

What is this?
G250V/G260 long crown X type balance chamber.
Where do I buy it?
Do I buy same service kit for G200?

I can get all the parts you need but not at the low prices being mentioned in this thread. I did message you.

Long crown, my preference.

029DF71C-E4DF-447E-B844-26163EAED6F3.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom