Scubapro G250 can't be serviced??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even though the balance chambers have the same part number some of them are different depending on the original poppet single o-ring versus double... balance chamber for the double o-ring are deeper.

Simon, I just guessing. SP charges X to the LDS and advises with a MSRP. The LDS charges the MSRP + whatever they feel. But @shurite7 will take care of us I'm sure.

Actually, there is no MSRP for parts. SP does not allow dealers to sell direct to end consumers. If you’re lucky enough to get an “unscrupulous” sympathetic dealer to sell to you, they can charge whatever they want.

Any parts kit available on eBay is being sold outside of SP policies. Ocassionally they (SP) will pretend to care and issue warnings to all dive shops to stop. This is usually done when a dealer is approached by a customer with a incredible deal on eBay and the dealer calls his rep and yells about it.

Re-read my post, I did not type poppet, spring, and balance chamber.

Not even close. Less than $10 for the poppet spring and balance chamber.

@tridacna I stand corrected. No MSRP on the parts and kits. Thanks.

The bottom line is the OP @SlyStrat now has a bit of information to help him decide if a shop is treating him fairly or not. I think we are all basically saying he can expect to pay for labor (probably $20-$30) and an upgrade kit ($20-$30)

The G250 is an outstanding regulator so investing a few bucks to keep it in service is money well spent. If the shop is trying to take the OP to the cleaners, one of us-myself included, will be happy to help out.

Wouldn’t one of those complete G260 service kits, with the poppet, work in the G250? Left over parts aside.

Yes.

So no issue here?
upload_2021-4-4_10-2-58.jpeg

This the kit I need?
QS2BqnS.jpg

The bottom line is the OP @SlyStrat now has a bit of information to help him decide if a shop is treating him fairly or not.

Agreed. The reason I stepped in is because posters were quoting outrageous pricing and giving misleading information. If one reads through SB enough the impression is obvious, dive shops are out to take advantage of customers and rip them off. Yes, there are a small number of bad ones, but there are many more that do not operate under that principle.

@tridacna
The bottom line is the OP @SlyStrat now has a bit of information to help him decide if a shop is treating him fairly or not. I think we are all basically saying he can expect to pay for labor (probably $20-$30) and an upgrade kit ($20-$30)

Based off the online search I did several years ago, the cost for labor is going to range $25 - $45 per stage, the service kit around $25, and the upgrade parts around $10 (assuming keystone for the kits and parts).

@tridacna
The G250 is an outstanding regulator so investing a few bucks to keep it in service is money well spent. If the shop is trying to take the OP to the cleaners, one of us-myself included, will be happy to help out.

The G250 is a decent and competent second stage, updating the poppet, spring, and balance chamber is worth the investment and it can be done. If he wants a newer second stage that surpasses it, then I recommend looking at the G260.

What is this?
G250V/G260 long crown X type balance chamber.
Where do I buy it?
Do I buy same service kit for G200?

Yes, this kit will work. Technically this service kit is for the G250V and the G260. See my next sentence.

Disclaimer, according to the schematics and the listings, the service kit for the G250, G200, and G250HP is a different part number and it is a few dollars more. It is the same service kit for the three just listed and the S-series second stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom