ScubaPro broken bladder flange ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Souwow

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,
Just like to know if any of you have had the plastic bladder flanges break off on you bc’s.
ScubaPro do not sell the flange as a spare part and the hole in the flange is larger that most other bc’s so one cannot fit another one. Leaving you with a bc that is worthless also these faulty flanges could fail at any time with the possibility of leaving you in a dangerous position while in use.
Has there been a product recall? Is there going to be a product recall?
Just like to have your opinion Guys On the faulty flange issue with these BC’s
Thank you
John

Attachments

• 47778530-0ABD-4754-B98E-8A6DDD3CD75D.jpeg
    47778530-0ABD-4754-B98E-8A6DDD3CD75D.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 85
Thank you, I did mail that chap but no reply. I guess he never continued the project.
I do see one commercial solution out there but it’s very expensive. I feel ScubaPro should take responsibility and look after their customers having spent hundreds of dollars with them to be left with an unusable device.
Not to mention those diving with a device that can break at any moment.
Regards....

they replace the bcd if it is in warranty. otherwise, that is the advantage of the bpw where you can repair it with the generic parts.

If you have access to a 3d printer, there are some options available. If so, shoot me a message via pm and I can probably help.
v/r
James

they replace the bcd if it is in warranty. otherwise, that is the advantage of the bpw where you can repair it with the generic parts.
My point is that generic parts fit other BCD's not the ScubaPro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom