Scubapro "Finseal" BCD's ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And looky looky, a pull dump for using an Air2...

1683149762437.png

Oops, sorry, different thread... LOL

:rofl3:

Yes, it was hidden.:yeahbaby:

Here is a basic jacket style Scubapro BC I setup for someone, they just wanted a basic BC without the padding , like the cummerbund, plastic buckle and back padding etc, fits them like a glove.
Can't be talked into a wing of any style, that's OK, it's what they have done for 40+ years.

Scubapro T One, not expensive.
Edit: I have dived it and it was good, one size bigger would fit me even better.
View attachment 781959
Thanks for the reply ...Yup I've seen these ...to "Modern" for me ... Here's a pic of the type I had last that I liked and a pic of the one I have now with 1 weight pocket partly removed so you can see it ..thing must weigh 20 pounds without weights ..

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230503_125507 (1).jpg
    20230503_125507 (1).jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 45
1. Scubapro 1986 Catalog: SSJ, seams double-taped and glued, removable (clip-on?) pockets, neoprene coated internally (Orange) or internally and externally ("Double Blue"), MSRP $325/$365. Also Heat Sealed SSJ, polyurethane-coated internally, MSRP $225.

2. Scubapro 1987 Catalog: SSJ same as above, except with non-removable taco pockets, and offered additionally in "Double Black" (neoprene coated on both sides, but Orange and Blue coated only internally, MSRP $390/$345. This was my first SSJ. Also, Heat Sealed SSJ, this tie with non-removable taco pockets, MSRP $250.

3. Scubapro 1989 Catalog: Finseal SSJ appears for the first time, Red, Blue, Teal, and Double Black, cummerbund, "Scubapro Finseal" stenciled on pocket flap. "All edges are hand glued and tape sealed internally. All external edges are sealed with binding tape, then sewn for double reliability." MSRP $360/$400. Also, Heat Sealed SSJ, MSRP $260.

4. Scubapro 1993 Catalog: Classic Black SSJ (appears for the first time), "double neoprene coated internally", "Scubapro Classic" stenciled on pocket flaps, MSRP $465. This is my "new" SSJ, my second SSJ. (Honestly, it appears that this model was introduced one year earlier, except with "Scubapro Finseal" still stenciled on the pocket flaps.) Finseal SSJ is listed again, MSRP $415. Heat Sealed SSJ is listed again, MSRP $297. Other BC's, too.

rx7diver
I'm sorta ...thinking these "finseal" jackets were a cheaper alternative to the Black Classic Jackets ...Did they sell both at the same time ? This one shows there is no dump valve on the lower back also the material seems thinner from what I remember ...For what I'm going to use it for most anything will be OK ...Just not hip on the Integrated weights ...

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 60
Do you know why they did that ? People to lazy/dumb to usr the dust cover ?
I did see this at a resort North of here, a guy who had not dived for 12 years [ he said] asked me as he was just about to dunk the regulators in a rinse tub at the resort dive shop "I can't remember, do I leave the dust cap on or off when I do this?" :rolleyes: , True story.
He did the so called 'refresher ' there.:sadness:

Thanks for the reply ...Yup I've seen these ...to "Modern" for me .
A lot of us here dived those jackets for years, we evolved, moved on, as it were.
Try a newer style of BC, you will be surprised how well some fit, caveat, I did say some.
I have 2 B/Ws with SS plates with a one piece harness and a Hydros Pro back inflate from Scubapro, I removed the weight pockets, just the simple harness , great for travel, which I do a lot.
The Hydros Pro has been my "go to" for local dives now also, I am in my 70s , so easy on and off on a pitching boat with the back inflate Hydros.

I do have a basic jacket BC [no weight pockets] I use for work dives, hull cleans , that sort of [dirty] stuff, yes, I still do a little work for beer money.
Anyway, evolve and move on.

I did see this at a resort North of here, a guy who had not dived for 12 years [ he said] asked me as he was just about to dunk the regulators in a rinse tub at the resort dive shop "I can't remember, do I leave the dust cap on or off when I do this?" :rolleyes: , True story.
Wow ! so trying to think of the dumbest thing I saw divers doing ..no one thing like that comes immediately to mind ..this was 15 or so years ago ... I do remember at the end I was ready to strangle most "customers" when I first met them ..It was time to get out ..

Try a newer style of BC, you will be surprised how well some fit, caveat, I did say some.
When I first saw this I'm thinking ...But ..it's a "modern" BC that I don't like and am trying to find a replacement for .. Ha ! .... what I call "modern" is at least 15 years old ..used 2-3 times but very old ...I just need to try something and see if I can even do this anymore ...think is my lower back is screwed ..10 minutes on my feet and I'm in a lot of pain ...bad knee too ..Tibial Plateau fracture ...In the water I should be OK ??? ... Just getting there ... Boat loading ..Boat Ride ..etc ...

When I was a Captain I used to "Dislike" people who are like me now ...felt they'd hold others back and were in danger of harming them selves .. I ride a bicycle 20 miles a day for exercise ..as long as I'm sitting I'm great ... I just don't want to be a problem for others ... We will see I guess ... In the pool in June ... and I will turn 68 then ... I have cleaned my share of boat bottoms also ...fun when the worms you knock off get into everything ...Ahhhh ! Memories ..

Here's "Capt. Don " ..the fat one in the middle ..On the Back of the SS Diversion of Divers Unlimited ...Ft Lauderdale ... The guy on the left doing the Perfect Giant Stride was 1 of the I.D.C. Instructors ....On the right ..dragging a fin and about to fall on his face is a "customer" ... We were anchored on some wreck we dove often .."The Mercedes ?? " anyhow this was taken for an article in Skin Diver or Scuba Diver Mag. and they Interviewed me about Charters .... The shop owner was pissed as I had already given 2 weeks notice when this happened and was moving on to the keys ..so when the article came out I was long gone ...

Attachments

• 20221127_133823.jpg
    20221127_133823.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 45
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom