Scubapro "Finseal" BCD's ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw this and thought of this thread-

If thats the wrong size they still sell them. Simple non- weight integrated kinda similar to the old SP jackets. I think it was a popular rental. My husband likes simple non-wi and had one for years, still might.

Here's "Capt. Don " ..the fat one in the middle ..On the Back of the SS Diversion of Divers Unlimited ...Ft Lauderdale ... The guy on the left doing the Perfect Giant Stride was 1 of the I.D.C. Instructors ....On the right ..dragging a fin and about to fall on his face is a "customer" ... We were anchored on some wreck we dove often .."The Mercedes ?? " anyhow this was taken for an article in Skin Diver or Scuba Diver Mag. and they Interviewed me about Charters .... The shop owner was pissed as I had already given 2 weeks notice when this happened and was moving on to the keys ..so when the article came out I was long gone ...
I purchased my custom DUI drysuit in 1993, which meant I needed to replace my 1987 orange SSJ with something a bit larger. That's when I purchased my "new" Black Classic SSJ. Otherwise, I think I would still have my orange SSJ.

I remember wanting another orange SSJ, but larger (to accommodate my drysuit), since high-visibility orange made/makes more sense to me from a safety perspective. Alas, Scubapro no longer offered the orange by 1993.

rx7diver

I purchased my custom DUI drysuit in 1993, which meant I needed to replace my 1987 orange SSJ with something a bit larger. That's when I purchased my "new" Black Classic SSJ. Otherwise, I think I would still have my orange SSJ.

I remember wanting another orange SSJ, but larger (to accommodate my drysuit), since high-visibility orange made/makes more sense to me from a safety perspective. Alas, Scubapro no longer offered the orange by 1993.

rx7diver
As an Ex Boat Capt. I cannot agree with you more ... A LOT of them are All Black Now ...Makes it hard to spot them on the surface ... I'm hearing some charters require you to have a "safety sausage" with you to fly so you could be spotted ... Drift diving here and their all supposto stay with the Divemaster dragging the float ball ... But ...In reality ..sometimes it's like taking a handfull of marbles and dropping them on the floor ...Divers go EVERYWHERE ..Especially in Lobster Season ..I don't miss that at all ....

Now ...Here ..In Jupiter it looks like Shark Diving has become popular ... And one thing I read is sharks cannot see colors but do react to "differences" in color ... Like an Orange BC on a Black Wetsuit .... Great !!!

. But ...In reality ..sometimes it's like taking a handfull of marbles and dropping them on the floor ...Divers go EVERYWHERE
Best analogy of divers on our local dive charters I have read this year.:wink:

Best analogy of divers on our local dive charters I have read this year.:wink:
That was my life for 2 decades ...my favorite is .." Thank God for Self Preservation ... some of the things I have seen ..but everyone comes out of it somehow when the chips are down ...

I have had 25 people in the water drift diving and Rain Hit so Hard you cannot see 2 feet ..Neverless find divers on the surface .. More than once .Fun? ..

rx7diver

Now we are talking ... Is that a current model ? .. Nevermind ..I will look it up ...Thanks ..That's very interesting ..
It’s in the East Asian market. It goes for about $1000 US in Japan.

It’s in the East Asian market. It goes for about $1000 US in Japan.
Yes, I looked on the U.S. website. No joy! I've long felt that if Scubapro simply stripped the Classic SSJ back to the last (1987) orange version, or to the version (with the detachable pockets) previous to that one, they would have another winner! Minimal, no frills. Simple. Functional. Should be relatively inexpensive. However, simple is not what's being marketed, is it?

rx7diver

I have had 25 people in the water drift diving and Rain Hit so Hard you cannot see 2 feet
I have had the same, only with lightning hitting the water not far away and hail the size of cricket balls, and 2 divers who thought it was fun to ignore the recall signal and watch the the large hail hit the water from below.
Words were said.:bicker:
Charter boats are fun, in the many years I ran one, we passed the first rule, same number surfaced as went down.
Except a few times I had more :oops: , divers from another boat mistaking our boat for theirs, or drifted too far and we picked them up, VHF Radio the other boat " we have your missing divers ... insert names here", just in case they are from yet another boat, it happens.
We never missed a diver on a drift [unlike some].

Back
Top Bottom