Scubapro BCD Part ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this silicone ring is what you need? I just replaced it on my ScubaPro wing elbow. I can get you dimensions if you are looking to buy from a hardware store.

I bought it from Sub-Gravity. Link below.

Edit: here's measurements. I didn't have calipers, so measurements might be slightly off.

OD - 1 3/4
ID - 1 3/8
T - 1/8
Thank You for the reply ...The OD on mine is just under 1.5 inch 1.43 in and the inside sealing edge is at 1.15 by my measurements I have 1 that works ...sorta ..Cannot tighten down the fitting like I'd like to as the oring is to thick ..Also the width doesn't sit real well on the sealing edge ..gonna go back and just take this piece instead of the whole BC and try to find an oring that fits better ...The 1 your showing me is to big ...but thanks for trying ...This shouldnt be this hard ...

This is an exhaust valve flange disassembly from an old ScubaPro BCD. Inflator flange is exactly the same. I guess it should be the same in your BCD.
The internal thread is glued to the cordura, and the external washer is plastic. The washer is pressed by the valve cup.
IMG_2205.JPG

Ummm, no... In the SP jackets of that era, the corrugated hose elbow is threaded, and the "nut" is fixed to the BC.

I can't remember if there was a small O-Ring or a large gasket...

I don't have the schematics...

Maybe @Angelo Farina ?

Ummm, no... In the SP jackets of that era, the elbow is threaded, and the "nut" is fixed to the BC.

Maybe @Angelo Farina ?

This is an exhaust valve flange disassembly from an old ScubaPro BCD. Inflator flange is exactly the same. I guess it should be the same in your BCD.
The internal thread is glued to the cordura, and the external washer is plastic. The washer is pressed by the valve cup.
View attachment 784024
I don´t have the date or age of those flanges. I know they are old, however I've seen them is BCDs still operational.

Ummm, no... In the SP jackets of that era, the corrugated hose elbow is threaded, and the "nut" is fixed to the BC.

Maybe @Angelo Farina ?
If I remember correctly it was a flat gasket made by thick black rubber.
And the hose had a tipped ring penetrating in the soft rubber.
By my memory fades, I last used one of these in the eighties...

View attachment 784024
Here is a picture of mine ..it's different ...older I think .. I have found an oring that seals it ...But .. it doesn't screw down real good Thinking the oring is to thick ..Hate to have that thing pop off under water .. The other thing is this oring seals ..but ..only seems to have about 1/8 th ? of a sealing surface the way the hardware goes together ....so ..perhaps the seal will blow out at the wrong time ...Just would like to get the right part .... This is Identical to the 1 I used for a long time and in better shape than it was when I stupidly gave it away ...

Attachments

• 20230517_171000.jpg
    20230517_171000.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230517_170941.jpg
    20230517_170941.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230517_171033.jpg
    20230517_171033.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 50
If I remember correctly it was a flat gasket made by thick black rubber.
And the hose had a tipped ring penetrating in the soft rubber.
By my memory fades, I last used one of these in the eighties...
Thank you for the reply ..I typed a long reply to Emoria ...above ... Here is a picture of the flange and corrugated hose . Any Idea how to get that part ? I tried the shop where I used to work and also called Scubapro Support ..they were no help ..just said it was to old ... Thank You Very Much for any help you can give ...

Attachments

• 20230517_170941.jpg
    20230517_170941.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230517_171000.jpg
    20230517_171000.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230517_171033.jpg
    20230517_171033.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 50
Thinking about this and I have measured the sealing surfaces ... I'm thinking that a Tank to Valve oring might be the correct size ...That would be to simple ...Guess I will suck it up and go to my LDS ..Just be ready for the sales pitch ...I was that salesman once ...
I have the exact bcd I had given to me. It looks like brand new. Same issue. Local Scubpro dealer called and was told that part is no longer available. Did you ever find it? maybe it's AcE hardware time.
Thinking about this and I have measured the sealing surfaces ... I'm thinking that a Tank to Valve oring might be the correct size ...That would be to simple ...Guess I will suck it up and go to my LDS ..Just be ready for the sales pitch ...I was that salesman once ...

Trip to the LDS "scubapro dealer" ... I worked there 15? years ago ...The store manager tried some orings but had no clue what it really needed .. No tech in the store ..thinking he wouldn't know either ..This is just to old for most people ... I went to the hardware store ...bought 1/2 dozen different orings and a couple of round flat rubber gaskets ... One of the orings worked ...couldn't tell you which one it was as the part 3's are all messed up ... I still think it really used a very specific rubber washer ..It's holding air ..good enough for now ..
My exact BCD and took it to the ScubaPro dealer in Sarasota. He called to let me know Scubapro no longer has a source for that gasket. It was a flat silicone washer but no longer avaliable. He suggested using silicone rubber like used as a sealant in the automotive industry. I suppose as when it is tight it can't rotate anyway but going to ace hardware and looking for a thin flat rubber washer 1st. if not I will probably try his idea as the joint on the shoulder does not rotate. Any one have any other thoughts. If I didn't know better this bcd otherwise could pass for never used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom