ScubaBoard Poster's Personality Types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too late - I saved the photo for future use. :devil:

i like the Finger Wagger

a variation on that character is:

Dial 9-1-1: Dial 9-1-1 is convinced that due to your lack of diving skills and improper gear configuation, you are a dive accident waiting to happen. likewise, if you post about your last dive and include even the slightest questionable decision, Dial 9-1-1 will tell you you're alive only by sheer luck, the right alignment of the planets, and to enlighten fellow mortals before yoru innevitable demise. Remeber, Dial 9-1-1 is only trying to help yoU! Dial 9-1-1 lives in fear of posting about any of their dives, because they can never be sure what obscure safety rule they might have broken which will subject them to opprobium and ridicule.

Double Poster: edgy, nervous, impatient-definitely intoxicated

Spot on, Andy with the Dial 9-1-1!

Take Me to Your Leader - is the newbie who asks a question and receives a barrage of answers of differing opinions. He becomes so confused that he ultimately gropes for the alpha male in the group and gloms onto him in hopes he won't look so clueless in the future. The newbie then follows the alpha male until he becomes a bona fide member of the pack who echos the thoughts of the alpha male.

Gearus Maximus This poster always has the best stuff and is not shy about answering the question, "what is the best [piece of crap gear]?" They tend to rattle off the specs and features that make it the best. Their gear is so good, that it does not suffer the common problems that most other users have, and therefore negates the issue. They can elevate their gear to the level of sentient machine by bragging how cheap they got it online. They never divulge what kinds of environments they use it in, since rubber ducky feedings in the bathtub generally don't count as dives.

H2Andy:
hehehehe....

a variation thereof:

The Theoretical Genius: TheoGeo knows how to do everything ... in theory. he's actually never done anything he talks about, but can give you precise advice on
how to do ... everything. while TheoGeo does not own double tanks, he can
tell you how to assamble them. TheoGeo has never been to Bonaire, but he
knows the best restaurants. The Authoritah detests TheoGeo and is devoted
to unmasking TheoGeo's lack of practical acumen.

Perrone, thats you buddy!!

:lol2:

Well, except I've been termed an Authoritah, and I LIKE Perrone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom