ScubaBoard Poster's Personality Types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
hehehehe... here's two more:

Proto Diver: Proto Diver has been diving before there were c-cards. Heck, some
Proto DIvers have been diving before scuba was invented. A few actually claim
that when they started diving there were no bodies of water on Earth. Proto Diver's
ideas of training and safety ossified sometime between 1965 and 1972. They are
convinced nothing is done right anymore, cause that's not the way they used to
do it in the good old days.

Instructo: Instructo knows everything 'cause he's an instructor and you're not.
If you know something he doesn't know, it's not worth knowing, cause he's an
instructor and you are not. Instructo belives that no one can be a true diver
and not be an instructor (DM's are a necessary evil). Never mind that Instructo
has less than 300 dives and has been an instructor for exactly 2.4 months.

:rofl2: :rofl2::lol:

KEN(standing before group): My name is Ken and I... i ah ... I.. I.. I have trolled on Scubaboard.
Group(in unison): hello ken

My thread, "Why is MOF such a big hang up" was a blatant troll. I expected to get called on it in 30 seconds. Wijbrandus was the only one to call me on it, sorta.

But as an otherwise useless thread, it's a good place to test H2Andy's theory.

For example:
wreckedinri would be have to bea crusader, krisb would need a special category for quoting chapter and verse from the PADI gospel.... You get the idea. Have at it, how many tyoes can you pick out.

here's another:

Pit Bull: Pit Bulls never win an argument, but they never lose one either. they
just never stop. Ever. Twenty pages and 265 posts later, Pit Bull will still take
fifteen minutes to post an item-by-item rebuttal of the latest post. If you think
Pit Bull stops when the thread gets (inevitably) pulled, you've got another thing
coming. He'll take the fight to PM's. Pit Bulls are wonderful allies. Make friends
with them before they get you in their sights.

Arguebutt poster - one who finds a way to argue with anyone that posts a view even minutely different than theirs. Their ego is very fragile and the least hint that someone may have another way of doing something other than their way equates to the destruction of the universe. Their first reply is usually very condescending at best. If conversation continues on the subject, the arguebutt will escalate things to full butt showing mode - belittling the opponent rather than dealing with the issue. It's not the point that counts, just the act of arguing brings them joy and superiority (in their minds). It is best to allow this type alone in a thread (they usually don't argue with themselves :D). To engage one of these types is to invite agonizing aggravation.

oh good one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom