ScubaBoard Fifth Anniversary Party & Buddy Bash at Weeki Wachi 7/15/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can never predict Florida weather in the summer...

That sucks that it was a wash out, but hopefully Pete will try again in the future (and I can make it to this one!!)

Scott

I have to be honest.
All in all I wasn't impressed.
After standing around for 1.5 hours in the heat we finally got in the water. After 20min in the water the storms came. By 9 pm I'd had enough. Needs to be better organized next time. I paid $25 to stand around for 1.5 hrs, dive 20 min and watch scuba vids for 2 hours.
1-10 Quik rating.
Event +5
The Dive +4
The Price +2
The Weather -10

Dang man....! I'm thinking us "East Coast Ocean Divers" need to get a group together and come hook up for the next one. Sounds right up our ally with Pink Floyd playing, even if only Cardzard can hear it playing, helmets blaring with twenty some odd lights on them, power spitting from the local dive op willing to fill our tanks and even stay open late for us, rain to wash our gear and maybe even a firework display...

Maybe we should bring up the sworn off rum tote to add to the mix, after all, "we" are strokes and could really give them a thing or two to whine about on the board afterwards :D

Hrmmmmmmmm, now whose house could all 15+ of us invade???

I just HAPPEN to have a convienently located place to stay nearby.... my daughter's house!

I would love to try that out sometime! :D

Vicki (baitedstorm) is wanting input on organizing another dive at WW. I've been wanting to get up and see 8buck's place anyway so I could do both in one trip.

Hopefully the next date will fit my schedule.......or I just may have to re-organize my calendar :wink:

Wildbill:cop_2:

baitedstorm:
Dang man....! I'm thinking us "East Coast Ocean Divers" need to get a group together and come hook up for the next one.

Sounds like a great BaitedStorm idea... We'll have to see how it fits into my schedule.

Al

I have to agree with fgray. Overall, the dive was interesting. But I won't be going back again. $25 bucks to get in and a lot of standing around and waiting for the OK to get in. I got there at 4PM (because that was the time that the event supposedly started.) If I hadn't been standing around waiting for 2 hours, then I would have been able to dive for more then 15 minutes before it started raining.

On the other hand around 9:30, I did deciede to get back in and go for a night dive which was pretty fun.

Plus it was nice meeting fgray, dragracer, and simbrooks. There were a few other SB members around that I didn't get to talk to very much.

Well, I look forward to diving with you guys again (hopefully when its not raining!)

Soemtimes, it's more about the surface interval than the actual dive, although I do love a good dive.... :wink:

Pete, any chance of this happening? On a Saturday next time? I'd love to come up that way & meet a few more Conch Divers & since it's so close to my daughter, it would be great to be able to combine visiting them, getting in a dive or two, & hanging out with everyone. I met 8Buck & did my first freshwater dive with him some time ago- had a fantastic time & would love to try it again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom