New Years Eve Bash.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man ya'll......... what's up with the trip reports, no one NO one at all even mentioned the Merman swimming down there with us, and NO, I'm not talking about that missing a body part, naked man statue that I knocked over :laughing: ooops! Thank you to whomever the muscle man was that picked it back up for me (that thing was waaay heavy!).. We had food, music, crystal clear water, and tons of laughing. Hot chocolate and coffee waiting on us when we got out of the spring, and some sprits chillin for our post dives.

The night was fantastic! I was able to be underwater at the stroke of midnight, and be right there with my little ones. I think seeing their mom kiss them through the glass was a little un cool, but I enjoyed it. They were very excited to be able to watch us in the auditorium. Jessi wanted to get in that water so bad she could hardly stand it, it was just a wee bit cold for bare skin.

We had such a blast!!! I loved meeting some many new divers and look forward to seeing our new friends here on the Board! Chris, it was great meeting you and Bill. I look forward to future conversations and playing with the Rapid diver. Shane, thanks for keeping us extra safe with the official DAN tagging system, (I’ll seek further training so I can work it next time and YOU can dive :D) and for making the night run smoothly with a kick butt countdown into the new year . Pete, you rock man! This was awesome!

Special thanks to Marta, your awesome chica! Thanks SOOOOOOO much for taking down our banners this morning and keeping my cold butt out of the water. BTW, who’d your cold law student make out with her OW class?

Oh dang, I almost forgot. I overheard something about a future clean up dive in the mermaid pond Ya’ll Do Not wanna miss it.. No clue when it will be, but I know it’s in the works!

Happy New Year everyone!!! :chicken:

Here are some pics hot off the press:

WEEKI1_jpg.jpg

WEEKI2_jpg.jpg

WEEKI5_jpg.jpg

WEEKI3_jpg.jpg

WEEKI8_jpg.jpg

WEEKI7_jpg.jpg

DivesWithTurtles:
They really trashed me, huh?

Well, let's say that I would consider choosing your friends carefully!

Actually, it was pretty much the same stories that are on Marta's website.

But I don't think that the one about "mGabe" was on there :D

Alrighty, here's what I took... Anyone have any underwater shots?

Mmmmm.. I need to try to clean up a few, there was a lotta stuff in the water and I am just gettong used to having a strobe.
I have several that I haven't downloaded from my land camera yet.

Okay.. nice pics and trip reports.. but WHERE ARE the MERMAID pics!?! - -

Orlando Eric:

Ya know, I really hate to admit it.. but I kinda sorta ooops.... Forgot to take my camera on the 2nd dive...

And no, I had not had anything to drink.....

Orlando Eric:

You soooooooooooo missed out on the Mermaids. They were very playful with all the divers, the male type more so then anything..... Let me set the scene for ya buddy.... It's dark outside, the air is cold, the water is almost warm compared to it. We have a handful of little hottie fish like chicks half naked swimming around in 73 degree water bringing in the New Year without the aid of their Mermen... Poor girls, no one to bring in the new year with a traditional smootch.

sooo, tell me about your evening agian? :05:

hehehehehehehehe..... Love ya, mean it :laughing:

all seriousness, I know a few people got some amazing shots of the water ladies, hopefully they will post them for us all to see. It was indeed, very cool and Im sorry you missed it

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I would love to say thanks to everyone that came with us to Weeki Wachee to wish in the New Year. I had a blast with you guys, this was a great group of people with one thing in mind!!! Having fun!!

I would like to extend an extra thanks to Chris (sea-diver), Pete (NetDoc), Brandon (8buck), Baitedstorm (Vickie), John from Weeki Wachee, and Marta from Castaway Scuba for pulling everything together and making this a night to remember. As I was removing the divers DAN tags, (Because I had the proper training Vickie) I was noticing everyones comments on how neat the whole Mermaid thing was. It was a nice treat to have several Mermaids and a Merman join us. Vickie just so you know, I was dieing in the control booth when I saw you knock that statue over. I could almost hear your thoughts as you looked around to see who saw you do it. FYI, EVERYONE SAW IT! Then even funnier was watching you trying to lift it back in place.

I tell you the whole thing with the Ball and Mermaid floating to the surface was awesome. Mermaid Barbara looked great as she ascended from the stage with the ball in hand. Chris this was a great idea and you should take a bow!!

Planning for next years party has already started. We organized this party in about one weeks time so I am sure next years will be a lot larger with more things to do. We may have to start it earlier in the day to more dives in.

I uploaded what pictures I took to my gallery page at this link for anyone that wants to see them. As I get more pictures from other I will upload them also. http://www.cndivers.com/index.cfm?PhotoGallery=true

Yes Vickie we are planning an environmental cleanup at Weeki Wachee Springs. This is a beautiful spring but it can be more so with a little bit of TLC. A major problem the spring has faced over the past years has been the growth of algae and sediment build up. John, the manager of Weeki Wachee, has been talking with us about doing a cleanup dive. We are looking to do this in Feb and/or March. We have to find out a few details from the State before we touch anything. This will be a completely free dive. We will trade off fun for a little labor. I was part of a cleanup several year ago, in which we cleaned a small area. This is a lot more fun then cleaning the house or your backyard. So, keep an eye on the board for the post regarding a date and time for this event.

I would like to give a parting thank you to Baitedstorm (Vickie) for offering to go diving the next morning to remove the underwater banners. She was saved by Marta from Castaway Scuba who was diving with a new student anyways. Seriously Baitedstorm thanks for your help throughout the whole event, you made it a lot easier on everyone.

diver doh:
Well, let's say that I would consider choosing your friends carefully!

Actually, it was pretty much the same stories that are on Marta's website.

But I don't think that the one about "mGabe" was on there :D
hey now, I know I had a few and tell lots of stories but I would never trash MMMMMGABBBBBBE-my bait buddy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom