Scuba Pro Twin Jet Fins different colors and types?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadian_Diver:
That's right! Blame it on all the coldwater diving we do! :D

With regards to vending machines, we don't drink "pop", we drink soft drinks. And we don't have problems with the quarters, nor the loonies, and toonies we plug those vending machines with. When are you folks going to get rid of those silly $1 dollar bills?? :wink:
:lol2:
We'll get rid of those dollar bills just as soon as we get a nifty name like "loonies" for either our "Susan B. Anthony" or "Sacajawea" dollars.....(see why they have not been widely accepted????? Yech....we need a better name for 'em.)

And I'm a midwestern girl, it's POP. Soda is a kind of water you use to get red wine stains out. :D

And who said anything about blaming the coldwater diving? From time to time I jump in the Great Lakes for a little brain freeze too. :dance: (I just wonder what THAT's done for me. Could be why I call those carbonated beverages pop and not soda. :wink:)

:lol2: :lol2:

DavidHickey:
Well I've about made my mind up to buy a set of Scuba Pro Twin Jets. I would prefer the Yellow High Vis fins as I dive in Quarry's were it gets pretty cloudy at times and hard to see. But I know that the colored fins are made of a different softer material and most of the people I have heard comment here on the board prefer the original stiffer black fins. Anyone actually ever tried both? Just wondering how big of a difference it is. My LDS owner said that the difference is minor and you would only tell the difference if you were trying to drag race someone under that water. He said the stiffer black just give you a little more initial push but after you get moving there is no noticiable difference. Plus he said the Yellow and other colors actually float in the water so less risk of losing a fin to the bottom were the black sink. Any comments would be appreciated. And trying both out is not an option in my area, unless I want to buy both.
Thanks
David,

I wizzed thru most of this tread (about paint fins pink) and in case I missed someone else letting you know, the Twin Jets are also grey. + buoyant and more stiff than yellow, less than black. I could tell a difference in the store how they flexed. I got a good explanation of the pattern or how and when they flex. Anyway….the yellow do certainly show up and good for diver ID when everyone else doesn’t have them LOL.

I got Grey – my reason was most power with least knee strain due to having a 75 YO knee that was suffering.

For me, I thought the price was really ridiculous with so many cheaper options out there but….they did the trick, I’m very happy and got over paying for them.

pennypue:
:lol2:
We'll get rid of those dollar bills just as soon as we get a nifty name like "loonies" for either our "Susan B. Anthony" or "Sacajawea" dollars.....(see why they have not been widely accepted????? Yech....we need a better name for 'em.)

And I'm a midwestern girl, it's POP. Soda is a kind of water you use to get red wine stains out. :D

And who said anything about blaming the coldwater diving? From time to time I jump in the Great Lakes for a little brain freeze too. :dance: (I just wonder what THAT's done for me. Could be why I call those carbonated beverages pop and not soda. :wink:)

:lol2: :lol2:

Soda? Who said anything about SODA? We drink SOFT DRINKS up here in in Canuckistan. :D

Mmm... Brain Freeze in the Great Lakes. I only get to go there a few times a year. Nope, I am stuck on the great frozen prairies of the north. The lakes are just as cold and just as deep (if not deeper) than the Great Lakes.

There's a reason Winnipeg has been named yet again, "Slurpee Capital of the World", for the SIXTH year in a row this year!!! LOL! :14:

Canadian_Diver:
Soda? Who said anything about SODA? We drink SOFT DRINKS up here in in Canuckistan. :D

Mmm... Brain Freeze in the Great Lakes. I only get to go there a few times a year. Nope, I am stuck on the great frozen prairies of the north. The lakes are just as cold and just as deep (if not deeper) than the Great Lakes.

There's a reason Winnipeg has been named yet again, "Slurpee Capital of the World", for the SIXTH year in a row this year!!! LOL! :14:
Ah, see, I forgot. Canada=cold......soft drinks vs. hard drinks. ie. ones that are frozen solid versus drinks that one can actually drink. ergo.....soft drinks. :lol2:

Slurpee Capital :lol:

Allison Finch:
Our dive shop in Raleigh NC is getting a special order of 100 BRIGHT PINK twin jets. They will be first come..... I think only 500 nationwide have been made by SP.

I am now a member of the exclusive pink twin jets club!! I got a pair from your shop and can't wait to try them out in the Bahamas in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the heads up! My husband thinks they look fabulous on me!

DiverEvans:
I am now a member of the exclusive pink twin jets club!! I got a pair from your shop and can't wait to try them out in the Bahamas in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the heads up! My husband thinks they look fabulous on me!
Could you, would you, please post a pic of them?
I don't use splits but I'd almost be tempted JUST to have pink fins!!!

pennypue:
Could you, would you, please post a pic of them?
I don't use splits but I'd almost be tempted JUST to have pink fins!!!

I buckled and emailed my old LDS in Raleigh last week (they have the pink twin jets) and asked if they had anymore cause I wanted a pair. :D Who can pass up Hot Pink fins?

Edit: That would also be Allison's LDS, Gypsy Divers.

suthnbelle:
I buckled and emailed my old LDS in Raleigh last week (they have the pink twin jets) and asked if they had anymore cause I wanted a pair. :D Who can pass up Hot Pink fins?

Edit: That would also be Allison's LDS, Gypsy Divers.
I can't believe I'm asking this......(I need a canister light and drysuit undies):
How much? I might just need a pair.

I'll have to hide them from someone though.:sprint: Lest I be drummed out of the KoolAid brigade. (Interesting to note that the tactical shift of the anti-dir group.....waving those pink fins under our noses like this....shame, shame...now how much are they? :wink: )

$189...I called last week when I saw that they had them...

I will take a pic and post. They are definately hot pink!! I was a little worried about the "cheese factor" but hey diving is fun and I'm a fun girl! I like the idea that I probably won't be wondering which fins on the boat are mine and my husband will be able to easily spot me underwater http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/More%20Smiles/icosm14.gif

On a different note, how do you make the icons show up, everytime I add one it shows up on the post as the web address to where the icon is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom