Fin color visibility underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

see also

One other option, diving in Seattle, I had a pair of Hollis F-1s in black. The easy solution was to lay a stripe of reflective paint down the bottom of each fin which provided good identification in low viz water. Hit them with a light and they lit up nicely.

One other option, diving in Seattle, I had a pair of Hollis F-1s in black. The easy solution was to lay a stripe of reflective paint down the bottom of each fin which provided good identification in low viz water. Hit them with a light and they lit up nicely.
I would greatly appreciate any advice on what paints actually stick to these type of fins.

I would go crazy on them with some graphics also, but im afraid every paint would peel right of.

I use yellow Mares Avantis for my teaching fins. Many of my fellow DMs and Instructors at our LDS use similar colored Mares fins for teaching: must be a thang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom