Scuba Pro Twin Jet Fins different colors and types?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidHickey

Contributor
Reaction score
Kingsman, Ohio. Near Wilmington and Waynesville
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I've about made my mind up to buy a set of Scuba Pro Twin Jets. I would prefer the Yellow High Vis fins as I dive in Quarry's were it gets pretty cloudy at times and hard to see. But I know that the colored fins are made of a different softer material and most of the people I have heard comment here on the board prefer the original stiffer black fins. Anyone actually ever tried both? Just wondering how big of a difference it is. My LDS owner said that the difference is minor and you would only tell the difference if you were trying to drag race someone under that water. He said the stiffer black just give you a little more initial push but after you get moving there is no noticiable difference. Plus he said the Yellow and other colors actually float in the water so less risk of losing a fin to the bottom were the black sink. Any comments would be appreciated. And trying both out is not an option in my area, unless I want to buy both.
Thanks

Actually, the color corresponds with the buoyancy. Black being the least buoyant, yellow the most and blue in between. Mine are blue.
Coqui Diver

Our dive shop in Raleigh NC is getting a special order of 100 BRIGHT PINK twin jets. They will be first come..... I think only 500 nationwide have been made by SP.

DavidHickey:
Well I've about made my mind up to buy a set of Scuba Pro Twin Jets. I would prefer the Yellow High Vis fins as I dive in Quarry's were it gets pretty cloudy at times and hard to see. But I know that the colored fins are made of a different softer material and most of the people I have heard comment here on the board prefer the original stiffer black fins. Anyone actually ever tried both? Just wondering how big of a difference it is. My LDS owner said that the difference is minor and you would only tell the difference if you were trying to drag race someone under that water. He said the stiffer black just give you a little more initial push but after you get moving there is no noticiable difference. Plus he said the Yellow and other colors actually float in the water so less risk of losing a fin to the bottom were the black sink. Any comments would be appreciated. And trying both out is not an option in my area, unless I want to buy both.
Thanks
Having tried both (and owning the yellow), I would concur with what your LDS owner told you. . .

Allison Finch:
Our dive shop in Raleigh NC is getting a special order of 100 BRIGHT PINK twin jets.

are there that many masochistic divers in your area???

:D

DavidHickey:
Well I've about made my mind up to buy a set of Scuba Pro Twin Jets. I would prefer the Yellow High Vis fins as I dive in Quarry's were it gets pretty cloudy at times and hard to see. But I know that the colored fins are made of a different softer material and most of the people I have heard comment here on the board prefer the original stiffer black fins. Anyone actually ever tried both?

Hey David.

I've tested the black, blue, and hi-viz yellow. I own the black set.

We found a big difference in feel between the black and other colours (all male divers). Scuba Pro actually claims the black ones are made of a stiffer compound than the other colours, per their website. They also claim they are negatively bouyant, while the others are slightly positive.

Scuba Pro Twin Jet - Adjustable

However, this is a personal choice, so you really should try out a black set, and any one of the other colours. This will give you an idea of which one you will prefer.

Cancel the order. Split fins are a gimmick!

Allison Finch:
Our dive shop in Raleigh NC is getting a special order of 100 BRIGHT PINK twin jets. They will be first come..... I think only 500 nationwide have been made by SP.

Yellow ones are great for swimming in the ocean.
Sharks love the flutter of yellow in the water.

Quarry diving is safe, fresh water

Joe

JRScuba:
Yellow ones are great for swimming in the ocean.
Sharks love the flutter of yellow in the water.

Quarry diving is safe, fresh water

Joe

No wonder I see so many horn sharks & leopard sharks!! :D
Wouldn't mind seeing a GW, as long as my buddy looked more tasty to him than I did.... lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom