SCUBA Fashion

Would you prefer fashionable SCUBA gear?

• Yes. I would like a different suit / color for every day!

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Maybe. I am tired of boring colors, but one suit is enough.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No. Basic Black with a few accent colors is all I need.

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No. Even if it was the same price, I wouldn't be caught dead in matching equipment!

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone seen divers with lime green wet suits that look like they're from the 70's the color is all faded and gross looking. I wonder if the bright colors on neoprene fade faster than the suit wears down itself? I just think faded colored neoprene looks gross and that's reason enough for me to not want a colored wet suit.

I wear mostly black with some accent colors. My mask and fins are blue.

Bright colors do make it easier to find your buddy in low vis or when there are a lot of divers close by.

So I wish there were more colors available.

Divebunnie, you are not alone in your fondness for pink. I try to use it as an accent color whenever possible. It's not just a fashion choice, it helps keep my equipment from walking away, accidentally or otherwise. Not only do I recognize my pink stuff in some burly guy's fat paw, but I tend to think that most careless guys will at least take notice they've picked up the wrong regulator if it has hot pink hose guards. Some dive shops choose to rent hot pink gear because it's less likely to get stolen.

When I first started diving, I had everything purple. Started out by accident, but then I decided I liked being color coordinated, and stuck with purple (which now is my favorite color).

EVERYONE made fun of me...until one day on a boat dive when everyone was trying to sort out their gear, and mine was very easy to spot among all the black and pink!

But, as I've replaced gear to update over the years, I've found purple harder and harder to come by. So...more purple please!

I have a bright royal blue and lime green wet suit from LiquidFit and I love it! It hasn't faded and Ive gotten loads of compliments on it. Wish I could get a skin to match!

Now those are colors you don't see everyday!

-Dennis

MsParamedic once bubbled...
I have a bright royal blue and lime green wet suit from LiquidFit and I love it! It hasn't faded and Ive gotten loads of compliments on it. Wish I could get a skin to match!

Sure I love to color coordinate!
To a point that is..... Anything over done is to much.... but... I think if more women were totally honest, they would admit to liking the little things to be color coordinated.... :wink:

I try to get as much purple as possable.

In Maui I was on a dive boat and the DM had a new video camera he just had to try. The next day just after a beach dive a car stoped next to us and a woman asks if I was on the boat the day before. She was the DM's wife and saw the vid.

I can always find my reg (purple hose protectors).

Some people laugh, but my gear is easy to spot on a boat.

Now if can just save the $ to get a custom fit and colored dry suit.

Gianna

:eek:ut:

DSC01364.jpg

Back
Top Bottom