SCUBA Fashion

Would you prefer fashionable SCUBA gear?

• Yes. I would like a different suit / color for every day!

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Maybe. I am tired of boring colors, but one suit is enough.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No. Basic Black with a few accent colors is all I need.

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No. Even if it was the same price, I wouldn't be caught dead in matching equipment!

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What if you could get wetsuits in patterns with accents on your BCD?

Otter

It's fun being a bit unique. I have a custom made all purple and lime wetsuit and hood that matches my lime Quattros. I even found a mask in purple and lime. However, I rarely wear any of this. I wear the fins, but my all clear Tusa mask is my favorite and Halcyon doesn't make a backplate/ wings in purple and lime:eek:ut:

THere's a pic where you can kind've see the suit here:
http://www.scubadiving.com/members/memberimages/22060_1873_7.jpg

Otter once bubbled... If fashion, coordinated wardrobes, etc.. is so important topside, why not down below?
Otter once bubbled... What about something new. What if you could get wetsuits in patterns with accents on your BCD?
With all these questions....you planning to open your own women's gear company?!?!? :mean:

Dee,
Well sorta. I am having a debate with my wife who says that 'someone' should do that very thing. At the same time, I talk with other female divers and I get varied responses. I am guessing that if there was an oppty, Uzzi et. al. would have already done it.

Otter

I think that functionality is always most important... but why not have some cute suits? All of my gear is a bright neon yellow color. (except my wetsuit and BC, wetsuit black with dark purple, bc just black) The reason they don't match is I couldn't find one I liked well that did. But, it they made them functional that matched I would be all for that.

Jessica

I love beautiful clothes and shoes. But when I am diving, I love to feel free. I wear the least amount of environmental protection I can and still be warm. Given a choice, I would never wear anything more than a simple black 3 mm wetsuit with a beanie to keep my hair out of my eyes and my lightest full foot fins. On our most recent trip, to the Bay Islands, I dove with no wetsuit at all as often as possible. In colder water, I wear a 5 mm black Goldcore wetsuit with the neck cut down so I don't choke. I don't think fashion is on the mind of any woman who is diving because she loves it.

Kind regards.

I love lots of colors...but more pink is best!!!

When diving in the PNW, I prefer to have bright colors. It helps my students to recognize me. They all like the "hearts" I painted on the bottom of my black Apollo split fins.

Diving in warm water I have about 3 different exposure suits. I don't want anything obnoxious but fun and attractive to wear underwater would be nice.

Amy

Simple, elegant, tasteful...the little black wetsuit. It goes with everything.
I got my mask, snorkle & fins before I was a diver & was just a snorkler. Fins were black & mask & snorkel were yellow-I didn't like the yellow color but I liked the equipment.
When I ordered my wet suit it was shown as solid black but when it arrived it had blue & purple trim...oh well.
Got new fins, blue. Got a new mask, blue. Got a new bc, black w/ blue trim. I see a trend, except for that darn snorkle - I think I'll just dive without it. It's ruining my 'look'.:D

Otter - to answer your question, I don't believe more "attractive" scuba wear outfits are necessary. I for one am more than happy with black and some accented color. However, women gear in general IS necessary. That would mean masks that is made for the shape of a women's face, or more choices for regulator pieces to fit a woman's mouth or even wet suits, boots and fins. It took me sometime to find the diving gear that fit me and usually I didn't have much of a choice. Having said that, more outfit choices and after wear would be nice and fun also. Especially head pieces to push away the hair.

Back
Top Bottom