SCUBA Fashion

Would you prefer fashionable SCUBA gear?

• Yes. I would like a different suit / color for every day!

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Maybe. I am tired of boring colors, but one suit is enough.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No. Basic Black with a few accent colors is all I need.

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • No. Even if it was the same price, I wouldn't be caught dead in matching equipment!

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Do women feel that there should be more attractive / coordinated SCUBA wear and after wear? Or, is today's wetsuits functional and fashion is not important?

I'm happy with my suit and different colored gear... I honestly don't even notice color that much! Great poll my the way... :)

Kayla:)

to be honest, I like the black gear with minimal accent colors (my accent color of choice is dark purple). For one black draws less attention than all those other colors and for two black makes me look thinner (always a plus). However, I did attach Carebear patches on both sides of my BC to make it more "personable" (my husband has ghost buster patches). But as for the bright colors, I say they just make me look worse than wet suites already do.:huh:

I think the range of colours available is very limited. . .if someone did want more colour.

I bought yellow fins because I wanted to be visible in bad viz, so bought a yellow mask/snorkle too, then I wanted to be absolutely sure students could see my hand signals so I bought yellow gloves. Does anyone else find that it can be hard to understand hand signals when a diver with black gloved hands is signalling in front of his/her black suit?

The only problem with all of this is that I just bought a second hand dry suit . .. and it's pink. I only bought it cos it was a great deal but now I'm here in Ireland where no-one AT ALL wears brightly coloured gear, and I have a neon yellow and pink outfit. Oh well makes me stand out I guess. :dazzle:

If fashion, coordinated wardrobes, etc.. is so important topside, why not down below?

anything that makes me look less like a sea lion is just fine.

In the beginning she had mask, bcd, mask, wetsuit and fins color coordinated. Then as she progressed she made changes without regard to color. So now she's more of a mismatch.

I have tried to get as much purple gear as possible for no other reason than it drives my hubby mad as he can't stand purple.

I have just brought a new mask which is blue so I'm now going for a multi-coloured effect. At least you won't miss me in poor vis.

My wife dont care as long as it is highly visible so in the extremely rare event that we might get seperated I would be able to find her easily.

Hahahaha

SeaJay and I have matching gear. I mean we match each other. Yes, I guess that's part of the reason everyone calls us Ken and Barbie.

We intentionally purchased his/her matching gear with the exception of our fins. He has green and I have yellow. They show up better in the water than black fins. It helps us identify each other in low viz. Oh and he has a black skirted mask and I preferred clear.

I never thought about colored gloves and hand signals. Sometimes the viz is so bad we have to feel the hand signals as if we were blind.

R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom