SCUBA Charades - what is something you've tried to say uw?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Belle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello! We're having a Halloween party at the dive shop where I work and we want to play some games, including SCUBA charades! I'm curious, what are some of the less common or more difficult things you have tried to communicate underwater?

Im not even sure where I would start with this one:

My swimsuit fell out of the pocket I put it in when I took it off at the start of the dive.

My swimsuit fell out of the pocket I put it in when I took it off at the start of the dive.

Were you diving commando then? :D

I am just trying to give you an idea for a hard one.

How about: Come here and watch the girls cliff dive and loose their tops.

That one I have actually used underwater.

A couple of items that may be of value to you;

1) The legends of diving : Sea Sabres Signaling s System ( Google It)
(This was the very first UW signaling system developed by the Sea Sabres dive club in 1954, developed by an LA Co UW instructor popularized by LA County UW Instructors Association adapted by US Navy, NAUI and later PADI )

2) Bonnie June Davis, (LA Co UW instructor ) UCLA dissertation: Underwater audiology
( Explores all methods of UW sound communication as well as a review of visual communications )

3) Vintage diving UW communications before the popularity of exposure suits and organized diving

good luck with your event

SDM

Hello! We're having a Halloween party at the dive shop where I work and we want to play some games, including SCUBA charades! I'm curious, what are some of the less common or more difficult things you have tried to communicate underwater?

This one may be self explanatory.. I talk a lot underwater.

HAHAHAHA! My friend once tried to tell me that she had to number two. I mistook her signal for basically "DTF?". I feel like neither of those is appropriate for this game lol

A couple of items that may be of value to you;

1) The legends of diving : Sea Sabres Signaling s System ( Google It)
(This was the very first UW signaling system developed by the Sea Sabres dive club in 1954, developed by an LA Co UW instructor popularized by LA County UW Instructors Association adapted by US Navy, NAUI and later PADI )

2) Bonnie June Davis, (LA Co UW instructor ) UCLA dissertation: Underwater audiology
( Explores all methods of UW sound communication as well as a review of visual communications )

3) Vintage diving UW communications before the popularity of exposure suits and organized diving

good luck with your event

SDM

Thanks!!

Great thread idea.
Sea Sabres Signaling s System
This one may be self explanatory.. I talk a lot underwater.

No signals necessary. Just the hunger in your eyes!

Ive had fun trying to understand

"the round half open tunnel we saw at 30 feet 18 minutes ago would lead to here if I was skinnier."

Back
Top Bottom