scuba and handguns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How 'bout a Thomson Encore with a stout .375JDJ SS bull barrel and composite grips? Pretty simple design and tough.

Mike

Ed, the guys at Glocktalk.com have discussed your question a few times. Try there.

okay, let's establish "ground rules" ;-)

"handgun" does NOT include calibers best fired from rifles or
calibers created from rifle calibers (my recollection is that a .375JDJ is a .444 Marlin case cut back and necked down)

Therefore, TC in .35 Rem, .45-70, etc are not typical handguns.

With that said, I do recall a feeling of absolute thrill the first
time I squeezed the trigger on a .375 JDJ ... wooooooo weee.

I'll take a stab (not a shot) at your question Kate. Bipedal fish. No need to hunt with a handgun underwater when a powehead has more hydraulic shock power with the 12 gauge.

Hey KN, I've carried all kinds of weapons and I'm with you on the H&K's. They're great from CQB to long shots.

Dave

Dang, the High Power is a nice old gun (I remember when the Navy first allowed us to use 'em) But a .45 is just so easily accurized economicaly that they're hard to beat.
The USN pistol team I was on had a waiting list for the .45s, but luckily I had my own High Standard model HE. The best .45 shooters could outscore me, but that was only because they were cutting more paper.
:wink:

This would be much easier if you told us excatly what it is you are trying to do.

Example: Underwater hunting or Assulting a beach head?

I'm voting H&K. I use mine to shoot the 45 super. The 45 is ok but slow. The super gives it a little extra speed.....
Never have liked the glocks canted hand position. Great gun and realiable but I just prefer the H&K.

And if you wanna REACH OUT with a rifle. Think Barrett 50 cal. Bring your banker with you though.

And as far as the 1911 design and accurizing. Yea, for a whole lot of extra money you can get one that will shoot like my H&K. After colt bailed out on us I'll NEVER buy another colt. Same goes for Smith and Wesson. I do like the Kimbers and I have a Springfield Armory v-10. Had to go back 3 times and I bought it new. They have the worst customer service I've ever seen in my life....... I will never buy from them again either. Even though I love there M1 garands.

Originally posted by Green_Manelishi
...in a snappy holster. I prefer Kramer and Mitch Rosen.
Try a Milt Sparks sometime, GM!

Roak

You all have to be kidding. As much as I love firing handguns, and love the quality and plain old beauty of such a thing, The water stops the travel of the bullet and alters the path enough to affect the accuracy underwater. I love using my Sig P232, but I have no desire to fire a handgun underwater. There are other kinds of weaponry for this purpose. What exactly is the point of this thread anyway?

The purpose of this thread is really quite simple. Boys with Toys. That is the simple explanation. Gotta love it.

H&K, some have said it stands for "HOLY KOW" when one sees the price.

Last I read, (a while back) the US SOCOM had chosen the HK Mk. 23 Mod 0 as their new sidearm for the various branches of special forces (except the marines, they are under a different command according to one of the articles) I have no idea what its underwater capabilities are though, if any.

Be careful of saying boy's toys. I happen to love handguns, and other guns as well. In fact I have my concealed handgin license. But, you have to understand Texan's love of firearms and shooting in general. I was taught to shoot at the age of 8. I have my eye on a couple a guns that I'd like to have in addition to the three I already own. So.... not just for boys!!!

I'll bet I'm as least as good a shot as you. Maybe better.

One of the women from my town is on the board of the NRA. She's also a famous actress.

Back
Top Bottom