scuba and handguns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

AH words of clarity in a fog of myths.

Well my possible intentions would be for water enviroments but not exclusively underwater. Would be nice if it could but that's not the only enviroment.

Ed

Why a REAL GUN?

Well ...

Why do I have/Dive an APEKS TX-100?

For the same reason I don't have/dive the "Walmart Super-Suck 2000"

Why do I have/dive the OTS MKII-BUDS?

For the same reason I don't have/dive the "PETSMART FishBlow BubbleBowl"

- = - = - = - = -

I guess a Glock is fine ... It has its uses ... Then again so does the Super-Suker 2000 and the FishBlow BubbleBowl ...

=-)

ps ... I never even hinted at the 1911's, my personal prefs lend me to greatly dispise the 1911's ... sorry 45'ers, but I can't stand them.

Hello,

OK people. I ask for this to be of the utmost seriousness, I see that it's not going that way. So i'll take this discussion elsewhere, where people WILL take it as it should be, very serious.

Sorry for an inconvience.

Ed

Serious?

You wouldn't know serious if it slapped you upside the head, either that or you would understand an "analogy" if it hosted 18 wheels and ran you over!

I am dead serious, and it is one thing if I didn't simplify things enough for you or if I went over your head. Was that too technical for you?

Or did you come in here only looking to pick a fight? If you're gonna be so arrogant as to not listen to others opinions then why do you even bother asking for them.

Most of us have something better to do than to provide you with cheep entertainment.

If you know it all, then why ask anyone else... I find it rather funny that as soon as I say a "REAL GUN" you ass-u-me'd I was talking about a .45 / 1911 ...

LOL ... YOU, Not me, but YOU brought up the 1911's ...

I said a "REAL GUN" ... Not a "REAL-LY OLD GUN" or a "REAL OLD TIMERS GUN" ...

I am talking about something that has the FACTS and the mountain of paperwork to back it ...

While we are at it - May I suggest you RE-READ the above post since you only read into it what YOU wanted ... Did I ever say that underwater gun was ANYTHING at all? NO, I did not even make reference to it at all! What I made reference to was H&K ... Please read what was written before you try to slop your own garbage around in reference to something that was not even said by anyone other than YOU.

My bad, I thought you were refering to me ....

I did not realize you were refering to the DIR comment ...

Since you followed my post with it it looking aimed at mine...

=-)

I just found out that the Glock Conversion was originally developed for the Austrailian Spec forces. Its intention was for Riverine warfare. They rappel backwards too!

Now boys (KN, BN), if you want to talk Guns: lets start with good ol 120mm smooth bore. If'n you want to talk Pistols, I'm a Browning HP-35 fan since I fired it the first time. (BTW, I'm not an armourer, but I was a Military/RCMP range officer and the second best pistol shot in the regiment (never, never be better than the Regimental Sargent Major :D) )

And since tanks don't run underwater -

Matt

Hello,

Yes that's true that the auzzies rappells backwards. It's called australan. The seat method is called swiss. I have used both. When you are comming out of a bird it's easier to use australian. If you are comming down a mountain and it needs your attention here and there swiss is better.

As I stated earlier it would be primarly for aquatic enviroment.

Ed

Ed, you said you wanted to be serious... I am seriously asking, What are you going to shoot with your underwater weapon?

-kate

I simply MUST comment.

A handgun of ANY caliber is a poor subsititute for a rifle.
And I mean a RIFLE, not a piss-ant carbine firing 5.56 nato,
7.62 russian (short) or .30 cal-carbine.

I mean 7.62 NATO or .30-06. 'Course, .300 WinMag will
reach out and paste someone. Carlos Hathcock "sniped"
with Ma-Duece.

As for HK ... truly fine firearms but the MP5 is WAY over-engineered for a 9mm. Glocks cannot be beat (melted yes,
beat no)

M1911A1 is a serious caliber and the mark of a true "shotist"
is a cocked-and-locked .45ACP in a snappy holster. I prefer
Kramer and Mitch Rosen.

Thank you and watch your FRONT sight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom